Javian Osborne

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, TooBrokeToPayAttention21 said:

If the 2026 RB out of Forney does commit to Texas what do you think he will bring to the program? Seems to love Texas, the program and Coach Choice and has nothing but great things to say about Texas. 🤘🤘

He's a really good RB prospect. Osbourne was also able to spend some time with Raycine Guillory on the trip as well. Think it is a little too early to contemplate the numbers at positions for the 2026 class, but if Texas adds Osbourne it will be very difficult for any other team in the country to bring in a better haul at the position for that class.

Osbourne is a bit stockier than Guillory at the moment. About 5-foot-10 and 190 lbs. Not as straight line quick either.

• Hook 'Em 2

Understanding it’s too early and the rankings have a lot of time to play out, but with Osborne, Guillory, KJ Edwards, and Tradarian Ball in 2026, I thought taking Guillory at this time was interesting. It would really be peculiar to me if we took an early Osborne commitment as well. Very possible that Edwards and Ball are the better 2 backs, and that’s only the in state kids. 

Obviously so much time left but 2026 RB almost seems “too” loaded. Makes me wonder if we’ll only take 1 in 2025 (Davison), even though I know Choice/Sark like to take 2 per class. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Ojeezy said:

Understanding it’s too early and the rankings have a lot of time to play out, but with Osborne, Guillory, KJ Edwards, and Tradarian Ball in 2026, I thought taking Guillory at this time was interesting. It would really be peculiar to me if we took an early Osborne commitment as well. Very possible that Edwards and Ball are the better 2 backs, and that’s only the in state kids. 

Obviously so much time left but 2026 RB almost seems “too” loaded. Makes me wonder if we’ll only take 1 in 2025 (Davison), even though I know Choice/Sark like to take 2 per class. 

These are good problems to have!

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Ojeezy said:

Choice and Sarkisian taking the Guillory commitment this early should give you a pretty good indication of how highly they view him. Guillory also has the fastest verified track time of the in-state crop as well.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

Choice and Sarkisian taking the Guillory commitment this early should give you a pretty good indication of how highly they view him. Guillory also has the fastest verified track time of the in-state crop as well.

I also wonder if Ball could be utilized as more than a RB because they throw it to him a good amount in high school. Not sure how his receiving usage compares to the others, but yeah.

Like Bobby said, good problems to have. I think my preference is Guillory/Ball.  

• Hook 'Em 2