Texas Baseball Picks Up SEC Pitcher Via Portal (UPDATED 9:35 PM)

• Moderators

On Saturday afternoon, the Longhorns picked up a commitment from LSU transfer Aiden Moffett. 

The right handed pitcher’s playing time was sparse for the Tigers, as he appeared in 16 games this past season, posting a 5.60 ERA through 17.2 innings of play and striking out 21 batters in the process. 

9:35 PM Update: I spoke with Aiden 2-3 days ago and he told me there was a lot of mutual interest. I just didn’t think it would move this quickly.

I also spoke with a couple of sources that have knowledge of the situation. Here’s what I can tell you. Texas isn’t concerned about his numbers at LSU. At all. One thing you will soon learn is that Max Weiner knows what to look for. 

“He knows what he wants and it’s not always conventional,” said one source. 

Texas sees a lot of potential here. A LOT. It also helps he throws hard as hell. 

This sorta comes off as a “trust me bro” update, but… trust me bro. 

• Hook 'Em 19

• Moderators

I’ll update this more when I get some more information on Moffett, as I’m not super familiar with his pitching. Currently driving home from Celina and I stopped at Scheel’s when this popped. I’ll update this in a bit for sure!

• Hook 'Em 9

Aiden Moffett - RHP

He went from just one appearance in 2023 to 16 in 2024. He threw 17.2 innings where he gave up 11 runs on 18 hits, but had 21 strike outs. Moffett had the biggest arm on the pitching staff. He could consistently throw in the high 90's and even hit 99 a couple times this season.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Blake Munroe said:

I’ll update this more when I get some more information on Moffett, as I’m not super familiar with his pitching. Currently driving home from Celina and I stopped at Scheel’s when this popped. I’ll update this in a bit for sure!

This wasn't a silent commit correct?

24 minutes ago, Blake Munroe said:

He throws

• Moderators
1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

#humblebrag

lol.

Melissa, Celina and Anna since Thursday for baseball. Sorta glad we aren’t playing again tomorrow and now we get a week off for the first time since the end of May. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• Moderators

9:35 PM Update: Spoke with a couple of sources that have knowledge of the situation. Here’s what I can tell you. Texas isn’t concerned about his numbers at LSU. At all. One thing you will soon learn is that Max Weiner knows what to look for. 

“He knows what he wants and it’s not always conventional,” said one source. 

Texas sees a lot of potential here. A LOT. It also helps he throws hard as hell. 

This sorta comes off as a “trust me bro” update, but… trust me bro. 

• Hook 'Em 11

• Blake Munroe changed the title to Texas Baseball Picks Up SEC Pitcher Via Portal (UPDATED 9:35 PM)