Brandon Brown announcement (now July 5th - as of 10:15 am CST Wednesday)

• Moderators

Just IMO, the DL recruiting prior to this year was also impacted by the timing of Bo leaving for LSU

Texas with D'antre Robinson, Alex January and Melvin Hills with Jamaree Caldwell (was committing prior to his departure) + spring portal would have had a different look.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Just IMO, the DL recruiting prior to this year was also impacted by the timing of Bo leaving for LSU

Texas with D'antre Robinson, Alex January and Melvin Hills with Jamaree Caldwell (was committing prior to his departure) + spring portal would have had a different look.

A few contributing factors but there's no denying it's the most poorly recruited position on campus since Sark's tenure started. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Gerry Hamilton changed the title to Brandon Brown announcement (now July 5th - as of 10:15 am CST Wednesday)
  • Gerry Hamilton unpinned this topic
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Doc Strangemood said:

Some of us were speaking similarly about this coming season, then they got 3 portal transfers, and that calmed the waters.  Now they have around 10 scholarship DTs for 2024, with at least six with college experience.

There are currently 5 scholarship DTs that are expected to return for 2025.  As things stand today, the cupboard isn't bare.. 

By my count we would have Sydir Mitchell, Aaron Bryant, Jaray Bledsoe, Melvin Hills and Alex January returning. Perhaps I am missing someone, but, no, the cupboards aren't literally bare. Given who we expect to be contributors this year, that's about as bare as it gets. We'll probably need a bigger and more talented transfer class next year. And then again the following year. It puts you in a tough spot when you're only bringing in 1-2 high school recruits at the position yearly. 

Edited by Jimmy Two Times
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 7/2/2024 at 9:11 PM, Steven Schrader said:

good idea for you Aggies...not for us

I’m not an Aggie, just made the mistake of dating an Aggie with an older brother in the corps.  I learned to embrace the hate 35+ years ago!