Riley Pettijohn

1 minute ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

Yes but was that cause or effect?   I’d be shocked if we were to put the foot off the gas pedal for someone we led for to go after someone where we would fight an uphill battle with an established favorite

As a general rule, you can't avoid recruiting a player because someone else you are currently recruiting doesn't like it. Nansen knows what he's doing.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

This is pretty accurate 

Hard to not see that as a mismanagement of the situation. In-state physical dudes that are going to carry 240 lbs and run a 10.7 don't come around often. Unreal he wasn't at the top of the priority list from start to finish.

20 minutes ago, 512Horn said:

Hard to not see that as a mismanagement of the situation. In-state physical dudes that are going to carry 240 lbs and run a 10.7 don't come around often. Unreal he wasn't at the top of the priority list from start to finish.

Not going to lie, I like Faraimo over Pettijohn. Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but, after having watched Pettijohn's highlights, he looks like a great athlete who plays LB, rather than Faraimo who looks more natural in the position, and isn't at all a bad athlete. I think its more about upside with Pettijohn. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, harveycmd said:

As a general rule, you can't avoid recruiting a player because someone else you are currently recruiting doesn't like it. Nansen knows what he's doing.

Agree that we have to keep recruiting all until there is a commitment. Pettijohn clearly had ample time to commit to us if he wanted. The fact that he didn’t suggests he has been concerned about playing time or a bigger nil deal. In that case perhaps pursuit of another big time lb could be somewhat deterring but I can’t imagine Nansen would just lower his prioritization of pettijohn.   In the end I don’t see this as a bit of a problem as DT recruiting as top ranked linebackers don’t seem to pan out as high of a rate as top ranked DTs.   However coupled with our other recent struggles it’s another gut punch. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Hunter Bradford said:

Not going to lie, I like Faraimo over Pettijohn. Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but, after having watched Pettijohn's highlights, he looks like a great athlete who plays LB, rather than Faraimo who looks more natural in the position, and isn't at all a bad athlete. I think its more about upside with Pettijohn. 

Definitely like him better myself, But the next issue is can we overcome the notre dame lead because if not were gonna be left looking pretty stupid at linebacker.

Edited by NothinButDaHorns34
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, 512Horn said:

Mismanagement by Pettijohn, not Texas.  Play silly games, wind-up at your second or third choice.  

It wasn’t Texas that put unrealistic NIL expectations, playing time expectations, and role expectations on the table that were never going to be accepted by Texas.  Let USC, tOSU, or aggy decide if those demands work for them.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, harveycmd said:

It seems like Pettijohn started drifting away as soon as Nansen went after Faraimo. 

Man that post visit Faraimo interview was super impressive. The mental eval for him has to be off the charts for a staff that prioritizes mental evals.  

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Hunter Bradford said:

Part of me would prefer Madden Faraimo anyway, but it's not a done deal Texas reels his commitment in either. Plus, him going to A&M, if that happens, would help a rival.

Faraimo just pushed his announcement.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, CoachBobbyFinstock said:

Eh we’ll see. ND hasn’t flexed NIL juice like an Oregon and some others.

If Texas wants him they’ll pony up. Nanson and Sark are boys too. 

With Faraimo NIL is only a small piece.

• Hook 'Em 1