We have an Oregon problem

10 minutes ago, CoachBobbyFinstock said:

Oregon is slapping Texas around like they are a directional school.

I don’t remember Texas ever getting humbled like this by a school in recruiting. 

Apparently you weren't around for early aughts? OU did what they pleased in Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, horns96 said:

Apparently you weren't around for early aughts? OU did what they pleased in Texas.

I’ve been around. On the field with Mack’s teams but not recruiting. 

We got outcoached and  physically whipped. Mack won more than his share of recruiting battles 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, CoachBobbyFinstock said:

We got outcoached and  physically whipped. Mack won more than his share of recruiting battles 

When Stoops took Peterson and Tommie Harris and Bomar and others out of Texas, we thought TEXAS would never win another game against OU.  We went on a pretty good run after those recruiting losses.  It all worked out.

Given we won't see Oregon until a playoff game, these recruiting "losses" don't sting as much.

Edited by horns96
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Dan Lanning’s elite Metroplex recruiter - assistant head coach and running backs coach Ra’Shaad Samples, the Dallas Skyline alum whose father Reginald, is the head coach at Duncanville probably play a huge roll in this. Not to mention Phil Knight trying to buy a championship before he keels over. I for one will never buy anything Nike again just out of spite. Like they're actually gonna miss my paltry +/- $1000 a year in sales.

Edited by Class of 04
  • Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, CoachBobbyFinstock said:

100% correct

Mack lost the games against OU, but won the majority of in state recruiting battles. And it miffed the OU staff at the time

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, horns96 said:

When Stoops took Peterson and Tommie Harris and Bomar and others out of Texas, we thought TEXAS would never win another game against OU.  We went on a pretty good run after those recruiting losses.  It all worked out.

Given we won't see Oregon until a playoff game, these recruiting "losses" don't sting as much.

You referenced three guys ... here are guys Mack beat OU on (players OU wanted) while losing the in the Cotton Bowl a few years in a row...

Justin Blalock

Selvin Young

Aaron Harris

Tarell Brown

David Thomas

Rod Wright

Frank Okam 

Cedrick Dockery

Tim Crowder

Larry Dibbles

Rodderick Muckelroy

Garnet Smith

Robert Timmons

Edorian McCullough

+ 20 more

Mack won the vast majority of battles in Texas during that time.

• Hook 'Em 3

I would hope the staff in charge of monitoring the portal this year pays extra special attention to the Oregon roster. In addition to the possibility of Oregon staff changes we need to be on the lookout for roster discontent because of NIl inequalities. Bobby has mentioned that our staff doesn’t want to put out an outrageous offer to one recruit like Sharma as it could make others uncomfortable in the defensive tackle room. Well that has got to be happening at Oregon. Every wr isn’t getting 1.3 mil?  Every DT isn’t getting 1.0 mil?    Well maybe some birdies can be in contact with player representatives as the season winds down. Just sayin. 

• Hook 'Em 1