Facilities

Update - The Texas Historical Commission approved giving the site "State Antiquities Landmark" status today.  Construction ain't gong to begin in 2024,  this is going to take some time.

Edited by horns96

8 minutes ago, horns96 said:

Update - The Texas Historical Commission approved giving the site "State Antiquities Landmark" status today.  Construction ain't gong to begin in 2024,  this is going to take some time.

Unreal. Pathetic honestly.  They could just put up a plaque to honor the area?

Edited by Hashtag
  • Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Hashtag said:

Maybe we can showcase our 1a Texas high school’s practice facilities because they are better than ours. Embarrassing if we are being honest. 

On 7/9/2024 at 9:52 PM, 40acres said:

Oregon campus is just beautiful.  I don't think a school in Texas will ever be able to compete with Oregon on that front.

It's also cold and rainy much of the year 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/26/2024 at 6:25 PM, Hashtag said:

We miss the late Frank Erwin at times like these and on issues like this. 

I'm retired now, but I have had experience working with advisory commissions and similar organizations.

I don't know the details about the new practice facility, but the artist renderings looked very good.

I'm afraid the best outcome for the new practice facility may be the preservation of the building's facade and a prominent plaque/description of the historical significance of the site. Hope we don't have to fight a long litigation dispute here.

Hook 'Em!

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, jonbailey said:

So is this political infighting within the university? Academic administration battling with athletics? Or does the historical committee really think this building is worth preserving?

I think many people sincerely feel the site merits commemoration.  I'm sure that will ultimately get incorporated into the design. 

15 hours ago, horns96 said:

I think many people sincerely feel the site merits commemoration.  I'm sure that will ultimately get incorporated into the design. 

The building itself is a dump. Not worth preserving the real estate. Preserve the site for the significance with a plaque 

• Hook 'Em 1