Fasusi

A sooner site is quite confident that they have Fasusi all but locked up, given his ties to several current sooners and one of his current teammates already committed. Gonna hate breaking their hearts. 

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, SpaceCityWrangler said:

Need one of Brooks or Fasusi.  Brooks might be a better fit.  Seems to be more like Calhoun (committed to Georgia) from last cycle.  Flood digs the really big dudes. 

Just give me Townsend on Monday.  That’s the one we can’t miss. 

Amen Brother!

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, SpaceCityWrangler said:

Need one of Brooks or Fasusi.  Brooks might be a better fit.  Seems to be more like Calhoun (committed to Georgia) from last cycle.  Flood digs the really big dudes. 

Spot on!! We have a ton of depth at OL and Fasusi is not as critical as other positions. Would of course love to get him from Sooners, but Brooks just seems like the better option if we have to choose!!

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Jack Lala said:

A sooner site is quite confident that they have Fasusi all but locked up, given his ties to several current sooners and one of his current teammates already committed. Gonna hate breaking their hearts. 

Oregon got thrown into his final schools at the last minute. No player is ever locked up once Knight’s money is involved

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, lloydchristmas said:

Oregon got thrown into his final schools at the last minute. No player is ever locked up once Knight’s money is involved

As much as would suck for Oregon to take another top Texas kid, would be much better for us than him going to ou. That said he’s likely going to ou. Hope we can close on  brooks and focus on 2026. 

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

As much as would suck for Oregon to take another top Texas kid, would be much better for us than him going to ou. That said he’s likely going to ou. Hope we can close on  brooks and focus on 2026. 

Yes SIR!  Need to gather our guys and move forward.  Not worry about the ones we do not bring in to the fold (of course, AFTER signing day! 😉).

Edited by Adam Lane
  • Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

Completely agree. Plus I think we for sure land Turntine for 2026 if Fasusi goes elsewhere, so I’m not stressing over this from a Texas perspective 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, AJJ_Sports said:

If we lose Fasusi that means John Turntine come on down 🤘 lol 

That is until Oregon decides to get him just because they feel like it.

• Haha 2

Is Brooks a LT? If so, I wouldn't mind landing him. But let's not kid ourselves, he's not a better prospect than Fasusi. Landing Brooks does, however, give us a better opportunity to land Turntine next cycle. And for that I'm ok with the trade off.

• Hook 'Em 1

“Gonna hate to breaking their hearts” I think you need to prepare for yours to be unwell because the mods have been telling us for a while now it’s trending to blOwU. It’s crazy how some of yall will let your fandom take over to not listen to the facts and tea leafs gerry and cj will warn us about when they get the information. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, HookEmBrad said:

Is Brooks a LT? If so, I wouldn't mind landing him. But let's not kid ourselves, he's not a better prospect than Fasusi. Landing Brooks does, however, give us a better opportunity to land Turntine next cycle. And for that I'm ok with the trade off.

Brooks seems like a RT with ability to play guard. Ala can Williams. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, SpaceCityWrangler said:

Plus we have a good shot at getting turntine in 26

• Hook 'Em 1