Jump to content

GQ03

Supporters
  • Posts

    781
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GQ03

  1. Could be something but Black is the type that doesn't like anyone he plays against. Plus, I'm old enough to remember the thought that Julius Randle and the Harrison Twins would never play together and there they all were at Kentucky together.
  2. Texas - 31 OU - 6
  3. Alabama's schedule has been much tougher than Georgia's up to this point and its not really been close.
  4. That guy doesn't help this years team so I'm still trying to figure out what they're going to do this year and I believe they have a scrimmage next Sunday.
  5. Black as a freshman vs Montverde with a senior Cooper Flagg and a bunch of other guys in the league already (Derick Queen, Asa Newell, Liam McNeeley, etc) https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0PbzOEvn6a/?stkn=MXB6bGw1cTNrODlrdQ==
  6. Just him at 17 giving buckets to top NBA defender Cason Wallace but carry on. https://www.instagram.com/reel/Dbba25vJq5W/?stkn=N2JvamVrdGZ4cmxy
  7. They didn't play head to head but Daughtry was unreal at Peach Jam while Black was good. In watching Black's last game, I believe he was pretty fatigued after playing heavy minutes for Team USA overseas and then immediately going straight to Peach Jam. Daughtry did that too I believe but had less of a workload/role for Team USA.
  8. You think Bjorn is more of a likely starter than Crittendon? I'm also a little surprised that you have Vann as a lock as I figured Crittendon would start at the 4 and the open position would be between Vann/Clark. The lineup you posted with Clark starting would move Booker to the 4 which would be an interesting look for us.
  9. Yes, you'll get more of the big Non-conference Games but the results won't matter anymore. What makes the Ohio St wins this year & '05 so special is what they meant for Texas' post-season prospects. Now it'll just be more like a cbb Non-conference big game where the result doesn't really hold a ton of significance. That gets away from what what's made cfb special and that's coming from someone who also loves cbb.
  10. I have some doubt about Illinois too. Guards are most important in cbb and I'm not sure about their lead guard play. Not saying they'll be bad or anything, I just wonder if it limits their ceiling.
  11. Because its their actual heights and you don't have to wonder who's got thicker heels, soles, etc boosting their actual height.
  12. Is Southeastern Prep also playing OTE this year too?
  13. Yup...even nailed the score perfectly.
  14. I think people understand that but for a fanbase that had to endure late Mack Brown, Charlie Strong and Tom Herman not that long ago and were regularly dunked on by the likes of TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma St & Iowa St that we'd be more appreciative of a top 15 SEC road win. Oh and we're also currently ranked #1 on the country. We have to improve and if we play like we did today vs LSU or Florida we'll probably not like the result but we didn't have to play them today, we played Tennessee and won so enjoy it.
  15. I figured Iowa Colony would be another high carry game especially considering how that game has gone the last two years unless IC lost a bunch of talent and isn't capable of reloading.
  16. Freeman shot it very well from deep at his DII school and was okay at Auburn last year. I think he'll be pretty good and I expect a jump from David Punch as well now that he can actually see the rim
  17. It is but that's actually an argument as to why the 12 team cfp is better as its currently constructed than if we go to 24. Oregon is playing a de facto elimination game Saturday vs USC because there's no way that team wins in the Shoe later in the year. That sense of urgency dies off if they increase to 24.
  18. This weekend is big for the playoff picture as OU, the loser of aggy/lsu and potentially Oregon could find themselves in a really bad place if they lose Saturday. I don't see OU losing less than 3 games anyway with their schedule (more like 5 or 6) but if Oregon loses to SC, I don't see anyway that team gets it together enough to later go into the Shoe and win so they'd be at least a 3 loss team who wouldn't have a strong list of quality wins to get them in the cfp. They're playing for their cfp lives on Saturday.
  19. Yeah, he's always reminded me of those TEs/H-Backs that OU used to terrorize us with.
  20. Everyone was wondering who would be the top 10 team to disappoint ala Penn St & Clemson last year. Of the consensus top 7 I couldn't find a real candidate but it looks like Oregon replacing their OC & DC may put them in that category. OU is another top 10 that could have their season implode as well.
  21. This might actually allow he who shall not be named to see the field now.
  22. Before the latest scandals with Harbaugh, Stallions & Moore. Michigan & Texas had a lot in common and our rivals (OU & tOSU) also share very similar traits.
  23. They did say Wesley on the broadcast but I think they just saw #99 and assumed it was him since he's the only #99 on the roster.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.