Most Likable Guy at TexAgs

I know this may not be the favorite topic for Longhorn fans, but I've been watching for the last couple of weeks, and I'm going with Olin Buchanan. Nunez is just pretty boy stupid. Every day he can't wait to say Texas isn't ready. If you're that focused on someone other than your own team, you don't have much confidence in your own team. Furthermore, he offers nothing to back it up. Listening to Liucci is like listening to a lefty stoner talk about politics. Buchanan actually says reasonable things. 

That said, A&M is not nearly as stupid as the Sooners, which is why I'm confident A&M will be better long term. Those criminals keep saying they beat Texas last year so they must be better this year. When you ask them if Kansas, OK State and Arizona are better since those teams beat them last year, it's crickets. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Thanks 1

I lived in Bryan for 6 years while doing my doctoral studies. Also taught at Aggieland for 4 years before moving to Poland. Used to listen to Lucci. Always found him to be too zealous and unreasonable in his Ags assessment. And he was far too unreasonable and off-base about the Horns. 

• Hook 'Em 6

I have many friends in the DFW sports media and to a person they all think Olin Buchanan is weird.  Aggies aren't stupid, they're delusional, insecure, self-loathing loons.  I have far more in common with the Sooners I've known than the aggies, other than a few friends who attended there for various academic majors and cared nothing about sports.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, harveycmd said:

I know this may not be the favorite topic for Longhorn fans, but I've been watching for the last couple of weeks, and I'm going with Olin Buchanan. Nunez is just pretty boy stupid. Every day he can't wait to say Texas isn't ready. If you're that focused on someone other than your own team, you don't have much confidence in your own team. Furthermore, he offers nothing to back it up. Listening to Liucci is like listening to a lefty stoner talk about politics. Buchanan actually says reasonable things. 

That said, A&M is not nearly as stupid as the Sooners, which is why I'm confident A&M will be better long term. Those criminals keep saying they beat Texas last year so they must be better this year. When you ask them if Kansas, OK State and Arizona are better since those teams beat them last year, it's crickets. 

What's your next post?  Tallest midget in the circus?

Buchanan is an asshat and has been since his days at the American-Statesman.

• Hook 'Em 2

Go back and listen to Buchanan during the Schloss uprising. He’s a typical childish, weird aggie. 

And I can’t predict the future, but I highly doubt aggie usurps OU. I hate OU, but they figure out ways to be successful. Aggie is a lifetime of failure. 

• Hook 'Em 1

TexAgs is a weird place, kind of like a reddit just for aggies. I can be really fun place to see meltdowns or hot takes that are nowhere based in reality. The funny thing is most folks in town believe what they read on the site. You normally have to bring actual reporting for them to pause and consider that maybe user: Ag2023Natty doesn't know the amount of NIL a recruit was paid or if an opposing player is homosexual. I think Lucci is constantly telling ags what they want to hear, for better or worse.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

What's your next post?  Tallest midget in the circus?

Buchanan is an asshat and has been since his days at the American-Statesman.

My next post is this. Tom Horn to rustlers.

23 hours ago, cafe society said:

I have many friends in the DFW sports media and to a person they all think Olin Buchanan is weird.  Aggies aren't stupid, they're delusional, insecure, self-loathing loons.  I have far more in common with the Sooners I've known than the aggies, other than a few friends who attended there for various academic majors and cared nothing about sports.

I had 30+ years working in the oil and gas industry. Also had a graduate school classmate at Texas who had been student body president at A&M. By far, and not even close, the former Sooner grads were more mainstream and easier to work with than the Ags. Just my decades of experience.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2024 at 1:51 PM, Tuco Ramirez said:

During the Schlossnagle kerfuffle I took a gander at that website to re-up on aggy tears. Delusional isn’t a strong enough word. There was one post saying they should have hired Sark instead Elko just to stick it to us. 🤣

Buchanan kind of had to act stupid during the Schlossngle deal. If he didn't, he would have been roasted by the fan base. Now, maybe he was just saying what he really thought. My point is that in terms of football, Buchanan is more reasonable than the others.