Coffee and Football: Friday 07/26

Thank you! I don't feel so lonely in the chat. I confess that I am a coffee snob. Rather have a bottle of spring water than a cup of bad coffee .

I used to live in Denver and went to the Peet's brick and mortar store as often as I could because of the excellent coffee.

Hook 'Em and stay caffeinated!!!

3 hours ago, Jc Dobbs said:

Thank you! I don't feel so lonely in the chat. I confess that I am a coffee snob. Rather have a bottle of spring water than a cup of bad coffee .

I used to live in Denver and went to the Peet's brick and mortar store as often as I could because of the excellent coffee.

Hook 'Em and stay caffeinated!!!

I prefer aficionado or connoisseur over snob (which my wife calls me).  Can't stand bad coffee.  I don't like Starbucks either, although the original founders spent some time at Peet's when they were about to start the company.  Maybe Peet didn't tell all of his secrets.  I have been drinking Peet's since the mid 80s when I worked with several people who spent time in the Bay Area, where Peet's started, and where they began drinking Peet's.   Back then there were no brick and mortar Peet's other than the original and it was not even sold in stores.  I mail-ordered it for years.  Anderson's coffee roasters in Austin isn't bad.  By the way, he trained with Peet.  Hook'em.  🤘

15 hours ago, Blake Munroe said:

Black rifle guy here, although up for suggestion on anything dark/bold. 

Peet's is sold in the Austin area at some HEBs, Whole Foods, and Target.  They have several dark roasts that might be available, including their number one overall seller Major Dickason's Blend.  I prefer some of the other dark roasts, but it is good too.  Their coffee does not have that burnt taste like a lot of coffees these days tend to have.  I haven't gotten it at Whole Foods for a while but I think they had several roasts that HEB may not have.  By the way, I rarely drink decaf, but Peet's decafs taste like regular coffee.

I have only had Black Rifle at their Brick and Mortar locations.  We go to Boerne occasionally and I usually get some while in town.  Better than Starbucks, that's for sure.