Injury Bug Bites Again

Two thoughts -

Agree with the Juan Davis talk - thought he made more sense than Gullette, actually.  He was an All District QB in HS and has reportedly been a willing blocker.  "Too tall", but plenty sturdy and fast enough, with decent hands.  TE is deep, and he has proved willing to play on special teams for four years now.  H-Back to RB should not be as intensive a learning curve as LB to RB.

Colin Page was a terrific HS RB here in Austin - 1700 yards his senior season at Anderson.

I hope Clark will be OK, fully recovered, no matter how long that takes.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, smokeyiii said:

Is there concern we have a strength and conditioning issue with how we are working the RBs or just incredibly back luck? Brooks, Baxter now Gibson. Just seems more than most teams and at on position. 

No, our current program does not have a S&C issue. Why? Brooks and Baxter were both definitely contact injuries to the knee area from defenders so those were definitely not strength and conditioning issues. Knees are vulnerable to impacts from defenders, an unfortunate part of the game. Gibson was not the one reported to be injured this week. Clark's injury this week was reportedly due to landing awkwardly so that likely was not a S&C issue either.

We are advanced and scientific in our training. The combines/drafts show we are physically developing players at an elite level.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Jerky said:

No, our current program does not have a S&C issue. Why? Brooks and Baxter were both definitely contact injuries to the knee area from defenders so those were definitely not strength and conditioning issues. Knees are vulnerable to impacts from defenders, an unfortunate part of the game. Gibson was not the one reported to be injured this week. Clark's injury this week was reportedly due to landing awkwardly so that likely was not a S&C issue either.

We are advanced and scientific in our training. The combines/drafts show we are physically developing players at an elite level.

yeah, meant Clark, not Gibson. I’m not sure how to edit posts on here. I get these happen but three guys in 10 months seems more than “just part of the game” 

1 minute ago, smokeyiii said:

yeah, meant Clark, not Gibson. I’m not sure how to edit posts on here. I get these happen but three guys in 10 months seems more than “just part of the game” 

Call it bad luck or whatever, but it happens everywhere. Georgia had many of their key starters last year out various times last year. They're depth got them through. NFL teams go through it yearly. It's the nature of the game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, smokeyiii said:

Players don’t get hurt in football, let me know when that happens.  During a season, if there are only one or two serious injuries, that is a good season injury wise.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, smokeyiii said:

Saying it is S&C related IS LIKE SAYING 2 guys in a car crash get hit in the knee by the dashboard and they get knees injuries due to failure to workout correctly. Ridiculous. 

ZERO, I repeat ZERO indications of defective training methods so far.

Nothing has been seen with Clark so no way to discuss in detail but.....

We saw the Brooks injury when it happened and in slow motion. It was clearly a football impact injury at the knee when his leg was planted on the ground and the defender hit him. Without that hit, Brooks would be 100% fine. Something absolutely had to give when Brooks was hit on his planted leg in the knee area.

We now know the Baxter injury in detail,  PCL/LCL injury. The posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) is also a common ligament to become injured in the knee. However, the PCL injury usually occurs with sudden, direct impact, such as in a car accident or during a football tackle.

Sound familiar. The Baxter type of injury was 100% caused by an impact collision, based on the injury and multiple reporting we've heard and read. Preposterous to say otherwise.

There is no training to prevent injury with those types of traumatic impacts.