Today Around Campus

• Moderators

A quick recap of what’s going around on campus today.

First off, to act as a traffic dude on the morning news from back in the day, campus is a disaster to drive through. (Bad time to move to a spot off of MLK). Students are moving back on campus today and the rest of the week as the first official day of school is set for August 26.

The football team will be back on the practice field Friday morning, kicking off around 10:45, but for an unpadded,light walk through ahead of the mock game on Saturday. 

Again, the mock game will take place at 2:30 Saturday afternoon to resemble game one against Colorado State as closely as possible. 

• Hook 'Em 14

Just now, Joe Zura said:

Man I wish I lived in Austin or just lived in Texas for that matter

I live in new bruanfels and absolutely love it. I’m dead center between San Antonio and Austin. 35-40 mins from either. It’s worth the move ! 🤘🏻

• Hook 'Em 3

I saw on an email about the new UT Club that there is going to be a sort of "VIP" or elevated access area at LCL. Do you see anything that might be that? Or is that what the stage in the pictures is for, and the stage where the performer will be is still in the usual spot?

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Shane said:

You about done with your move CJ ? I despise moving lol it’s no fun 

I finally got wifi so I’m all set, everything after that can take months to get right haha 

im in no rush

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Ojeezy said:

I saw on an email about the new UT Club that there is going to be a sort of "VIP" or elevated access area at LCL. Do you see anything that might be that? Or is that what the stage in the pictures is for, and the stage where the performer will be is still in the usual spot?

That certainly could be the case, I had not heard about that with the UT Club

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, TTown said:

Live by campus and yes the traffic will be bad all weekend. Dorms opened today and a buzz on campus. Football time!

Inching ever so close to football officially being back!

3 hours ago, Shane said:

I live in new bruanfels and absolutely love it. I’m dead center between San Antonio and Austin. 35-40 mins from either. It’s worth the move ! 🤘🏻

Don't tell people. It sucks in NB. It's the worst 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Shane said:

Absolutely 💯 

Marble Falls also sucks like NB…lol. Although we moved out here from Barton Hills and I definitely miss being able to bike up to campus. Take out bike parking is a lot easier to find on gameday than actual parking lol!

1 minute ago, Alex Butler said:

Marble Falls also sucks like NB…lol. Although we moved out here from Barton Hills and I definitely miss being able to bike up to campus. Take out bike parking is a lot easier to find on gameday than actual parking lol!

I’m sure biking is way easier than normal parking. Trying to park on game day is irritating 😂

• Hook 'Em 1