Jorvorskie Lane Jr. decommits from a&m

Lane who is the son of the former a&m RB decommited recently. He is a catcher and one of the top HS baseball players in the nation. His stats, listed in the article are out if this world. Will he follow Adrian Rodriquez and commit to UT? 

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/dfwvarsity/article291450920.html

Edited by Robert Gilbert
  • Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, tsip92 said:

Still remember his dad’s throat slashing gesture during the bonfire game.  Not the kid’s fault, but tough for me to get on board with the idea of him coming to Texas.  

Don’t put the sins of the father on the son.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, tsip92 said:

Still remember his dad’s throat slashing gesture during the bonfire game.  Not the kid’s fault, but tough for me to get on board with the idea of him coming to Texas.  

That's your problem. The rest of us want to win. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, tsip92 said:

The 1999 game? His dad was 12.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

The 1999 game? His dad was 12.

You’re right, my bad.  It’s hard to keep the fat A&M running backs separated in my mind.  It was Ja’Mar Toombs, not Lane.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Hornito said:

Why decommit and embarrass dad’s school if that’s the case? 

Always good to have backup options, I guess.

But if he stays healthy he’s not stepping foot on campus. Many schools, including Texas, feel this way. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Hornito said:

Why decommit and embarrass dad’s school if that’s the case? 

This is a better question than I think many understand. Dad was a very good player for aggy. Not an all time great but very good and did play at the next level for a short time. With that being said, Jr could have stayed committed and after he is drafted in the first round just gone pro. Why does he decommit? Was it that Schloss left? Did he feel betrayed? Or did he realize that aggys are weird and cult like?