How bad did OU look?

OU offense was just horrible against Houston. They're young QB is not good at all, at least in the first two games. You know the fan base is wishing Dillon was still on the team. Last year they were crying for Arnold to get in the game and play, be careful what you wish for. I bet the points on this game just jumped. 

Is it possible to win with defense in 2024?  Michigan did last year, but OU's offense isn't playing complimentary football.  I know they ran that formula to a National Championship in 1999, but not sure Venables can win 8 games in 2024.

I guess we'll find out on 9/21.

25 minutes ago, cmk4pres said:

I said this summer I expected for Hawkins to eventually take over and Arnold to transfer. I believe I took some heat on here when I said that. It's coming. 

Their OL also sucks 

Hopefully Arnold is still the QB for our game. He needs to go transfer to Herman. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If Venables has a pair, he'll tell Arnold to go ahead and transfer to Texas Tech in December if he wants and make the switch to Hawkins. It's bad enough that Venables allowed himself to get bullied into shipping out Gabriel so Arnold could start; time to call daddy's bluff (your son sucks) and make the right coaching decision.

I think their defense is legit. That being said, even a good defense can’t hold up when the offense can’t move the ball and consistently puts the defense in tight spots. If they don’t figure out the offense, it will be a long season for them. 
BYW, I want a shut out when we play them!