Venables' Excuses

If you missed it, Barry Tramel asked Venables if he couldn't see the problems on offense coming this past offseason. Venables blamed injuries. Anyone with a brain has seen it coming since last December when Venables allowed Arnold to push him into a really bad situation. It was after the criminals pushed out Gabriel and gave Arnold mucho mas dinero that the exodus of offensive linemen occurred. They looked at how Venables was divvying up the cash and running the show and decided to go. Injuries have nothing to do with it. When you don't have a QB that can play well against good competition (and they have yet to play good competition) or an offensive line, then it doesn't matter what the rest of the offensive skill players do because you can't block or get them the ball. Venables talked about there being a reason ones are ones and twos are twos and threes are threes. That's exactly right. He doesn't know who should be one. Arnold should be three. Gabriel should be one. Hawkins should be two. That boneheaded decision has caused all of the problems for the criminals.

• Hook 'Em 9

I think injuries are part of the problem but a small part. They started in a hole because of the way BV handled the OL and QB. Injuries are just making it more difficult to climb out of that hole.

I’m very curious to know if overspending on Damonic created NIL problems with other parts of the roster.

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, Tuco Ramirez said:

I think injuries are part of the problem but a small part. They started in a hole because of the way BV handled the OL and QB. Injuries are just making it more difficult to climb out of that hole.

I’m very curious to know if overspending on Damonic created NIL problems with other parts of the roster.

I'd say overspending on Williams, Burkes and Arnold has caused locker room problems. They have no cohesion. The Arnold deal is the biggest problem. All their players see him sucking every day at practice and wonder why he's paid big and the red carpet is laid out for him. That's their biggest problem.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Thanks 1

Tennessee is likely to provide a very rude welcome to the SEC in a few weeks.  And Josh Heupel won’t hesitate to run the score up on his old school given the way he was dismissed a few years ago.  Should be fun times on the OU boards this season.

Edited by Glass Joe
  • Hook 'Em 4

The handling of NIL has to be a nightmare for college coaches. I have a lot of reps etc for Sark because it hasn’t become an issue at Texas (Knock on Wood). 
I have no sympathy for Venebles for running off a quality QB to appease another. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The inability or unwillingness of criminal fans to just admit the source of the problem is mind boggling. Venables was punked by Arnold's camp and now they're paying the price. Maybe they're admitting that privately, but I haven't seen it. Some criminals are talking about playing Hawkins, but they're not going back to the reason they should play Hawkins.

• Hook 'Em 1

I just listened to a former criminal interloper running back say that Jackson Arnold's problem is that he's "too coachable." Let's see. He blackmailed Venables into starting him because he threatened to transfer if not. He forces throws he shouldn't and hasn't been able to learn how to read a defense. It's obvious he didn't improve over the offseason when he had the chance. He's too "coachable?" Now, what the guy meant is that Arnold isn't improvising well enough when the plays break down, but the fact that he can't even come close to the correct terminology tells you all you need to know about the level of education at the criminal interloper university. Furthermore, lack of improvisation is not Arnold's problem. He can't process quickly enough. He thinks he has a golden arm that can overcome all problems because he listened and bought into all the hype about him as a recruit with a big arm. Thus he hasn't developed the ability to read defenses and make the right throw. Maybe he just can't do it cognitively. That's my guess. Being "too coachable" or not improvising enough has nothing to do with it.

• Hook 'Em 1