Update: 4-star LB Madden Faraimo (Monday 2:20 pm CST)

• Moderators

Update: 4-star LB Madden Faraimo

OnTexasFootball exchanged messages with a person locked into the recruitment of 4-star++ linebacker Madden Faraimo (San Juan Capistrano, Calif./JSerra Catholic) a little while ago.

As expected, Texas linebackers coach Johnny Nansen continues to make an all in recruiting run at the high-end linebacker. 

According to the source, Nansen and Faraimo are discussing a game day visit this season, but a date has not been locked in yet. The source said Nansen and Faraimo spoke last week, at least once. 

Faraimo has a top three of USC, Notre Dame and Texas. The Trojans have made the most impactful run thus far this season. 

• Hook 'Em 19
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, goattalk100 said:

Yea USC’s improved defense could be tough to beat. If they have a good season & finish in the top 15 then I think he’s almost a lock to SC

They are still very soft defensively so I’d expect more of the same this year from them. Their inability to tackle and stop the run is what lost them the michigan game. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

@Gerry Hamilton, what is your scouting report on the 2025 IMG LB, top 100 prospect Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng compared to Faraimo?

Not near the frame or power on contact. Probably a step faster from B gap to sideline too - Faraimo. Longer arms Faraimo. I think he's the higher end prospect. 

• Hook 'Em 6

37 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Update: 4-star LB Madden Faraimo

Faraimo has a top three of USC, Notre Dame and Texas. The Trojans have made the most impactful run thus far this season. 

I am assuming the common opponent Michigan is being ignored?  🤷‍♂️

🤘🏻🏈🤘🏼🏈🤘🏈🤘🏽🏈🤘🏾🏈🤘🏿

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

They are still very soft defensively so I’d expect more of the same this year from them. Their inability to tackle and stop the run is what lost them the michigan game. 

I think we were watching different games. After taking a 14-0 lead about halfway thru the second quarter Michigan had 1 first down until the winning drive. UM had to punt after making one first down, 4 punts on three and outs plus a fumble around their own 10. And then UM moved the ball on their winning drive for the first time in 2 and 1/2 quarters. Michigan had about 10 yards of total offense in the second half before that drive.

USC was anything but playing soft. I don’t like Riley and hope he loses every game but their defense gave them a chance by stopping UM on 6 straight possessions. If anything it was Riley’s offense that cost them the game IMO. They scored 3 points in the first half and threw a pick 6 in the second half. 

I hope Faraimo chooses us but I liked our chances better for the California player when it looked like it was between us and ND. I guess we will see if Nansen can work his magic. A lot of football left to be played.

Hook’em.

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, marathon said:

I think we were watching different games. After taking a 14-0 lead about halfway thru the second quarter Michigan had 1 first down until the winning drive. UM had to punt after making one first down, 4 punts on three and outs plus a fumble around their own 10. And then UM moved the ball on their winning drive for the first time in 2 and 1/2 quarters. Michigan had about 10 yards of total offense in the second half before that drive.

USC was anything but playing soft. I don’t like Riley and hope he loses every game but their defense gave them a chance by stopping UM on 6 straight possessions. If anything it was Riley’s offense that cost them the game IMO. They scored 3 points in the first half and threw a pick 6 in the second half. 

I hope Faraimo chooses us but I liked our chances better for the California player when it looked like it was between us and ND. I guess we will see if Nansen can work his magic. A lot of football left to be played.

Hook’em.

I agree with this. That defense is markedly improved this year & that DC is very highly regarded.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Burnt Orange Horn said:

I am assuming the common opponent Michigan is being ignored?  🤷‍♂️

🤘🏻🏈🤘🏼🏈🤘🏈🤘🏽🏈🤘🏾🏈🤘🏿

Yes, USC has a vastly improved defense this year and he lives in Cali, that would be more important than one game from a school with a 5-6 hour travel time away.