Other College Games Thread: Week 5

Gerry Hamilton

Replay has been a joke since Henry Melton scored a TD against OSU in Columbus and it was insanely overturned.  As long as humans are involved, it's all subjective.  Maybe we can just train an AI algorithm to make the decision for fallible humans.

(Like they do in tennis.  Even if it's fake, at least give us the pretense of truth.)

Edited by horns96
  • Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, MarcelS said:

Cam Ward should win the Heisman. Something tells me he'll get a lot of comeback to win/superman performance opportunities with Miami.

Disagree. He’s an above average player for sure. I’d let the season play out. 

4 hours ago, MarcelS said:

Cam Ward should win the Heisman. Something tells me he'll get a lot of comeback to win/superman performance opportunities with Miami.

I think Cam Ward's escape from two Hokie pass rushers and two handed chest pass to his right side, connecting with the tight end is this CFB season's first Heisman moment video.

ESPN will darn-near show the video of that play on a continuous loop until one of the other Heisman contenders makes a big play. Then they will show both plays and invite the viewers to say which play is greater.

Hook 'Em!

• Moderators
4 hours ago, MarcelS said:

He’s got to protect the ball better for me. Couple more bad three TO games, if one ends in a loss on their schedule could really hurt him IMO

He continues to make some head scratching TO’s, but makes up for it too. 

Not saying I’m correct in the Heisman race necessarily, but that could hurt him if he has 2-3 games like that this season - which he has had in the past.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, goattalk100 said:

Miami def on fraud watch after that escape. Friday night prime time game too lol

Agreed. They have defensive issues as a team IMO. 

That defense against a Texas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Kalen DeBoer team, Oregon level offense in a CFP game could get ugly for the Canes.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Agreed. They have defensive issues as a team IMO. 

That defense against a Texas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Kalen DeBoer team, Oregon level offense in a CFP game could get ugly for the Canes.

Reminiscent of OU under Riley with a worse offense. They would get what LSU did to OU with Burrow that one year where they had like 49 in the first half. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Mississippi will be a tough out for anyone this season.  OU and UGA will have their hands full with them in Oxford.  Lane Kiffin would be a fool to leave them for a job like Florida where the expectations are sky high.  He can stay there forever and build his own legacy.  Have a statue and the stadium named after him even.

Edited by qaertyisthatdude
  • Hook 'Em 2