Kelvin Banks Named SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week

• Moderators

Another week, another honor for one of Kyle Flood's offensive linemen.

Texas LT Kelvin Banks Jr. has been named the SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week for his play against Mississippi State on Saturday.

Through five weeks, Banks becomes the third different Texas offensive lineman to receive the honor from the SEC, joining Cam Williams after Colorado State and Jake Majors after Michigan.

• Hook 'Em 4

• Moderators

The Texas OL has the best pass-blocking efficiency rate of any FBS team in the country per PFF.

Efficiency is basically percentage of clean blocking reps (no sacks allowed) vs. number of total pass blocking snaps.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, CJ Vogel said:

"0 QB hits, 0 sacks, 1 QB pressure" - I watched part of the USC - Michigan game and Michigan's right DE was wreaking havoc on practically every passing down, pressuring the QB or disrupting the play.  I think this was the guy Gerry mentioned as being a possible early NFL draft candidate.  I thought "wow, glad he had a bad game against us, I can't remember anyone from that side of the line making a play."

Then it dawned on me - 'oh, he would have been facing Kelvin Banks - that explains why he was basically erased and I never noticed him' 🙂

What a player, so glad Kelvin signed with us instead of Oklahoma State oops Oregon (yep, Texas was his third 'commitment')

2 hours ago, ArizonaLonghorn said:

"0 QB hits, 0 sacks, 1 QB pressure" - I watched part of the USC - Michigan game and Michigan's right DE was wreaking havoc on practically every passing down, pressuring the QB or disrupting the play.  I think this was the guy Gerry mentioned as being a possible early NFL draft candidate.  I thought "wow, glad he had a bad game against us, I can't remember anyone from that side of the line making a play."

Then it dawned on me - 'oh, he would have been facing Kelvin Banks - that explains why he was basically erased and I never noticed him' 🙂

What a player, so glad Kelvin signed with us instead of Oklahoma State oops Oregon (yep, Texas was his third 'commitment')

You are referring to Josaiah Stewart. He has been wreaking havoc on all the other teams that Michigan plays and one of the key players that makes the front 4 of Michigan so overwhelming. Stewart, along with Grant and Graham, made it impossible for the USC QB to be accurate. The only OL Michigan couldn't dominate was Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, OTF12024 said:

You are referring to Josaiah Stewart. He has been wreaking havoc on all the other teams that Michigan plays and one of the key players that makes the front 4 of Michigan so overwhelming. Stewart, along with Grant and Graham, made it impossible for the USC QB to be accurate. The only OL Michigan couldn't dominate was Texas.

Yeah, as soon as I read this I knew it was him, thanks.  Too lazy to look it up and the only D guys from Michigan I knew were Grant and Graham (because we fans hoped one might portal to Texas) and CB Will Johnson.