Jalen Milroe vs Cam Newton

I'd go Lamar Jackson... Both have agility and speed, run tough but elusive, have cannons but struggle with touch on the short - intermediate throws. 

Cam was a bruiser (at least as far as running QBs go) with enough speed to burn ya. Tebow was probably a decent comp to Cam, from a running style. But Cam had a better arm. And LOUD game day attire. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators

Good topic for discussion IMO

Cam was the best NFL level passer of the elite dual threat QB's I have seen, including VY. Those were the two freaks of freaks in that regard. Tebow was the lowest ranked from a passer standpoint IMO. 

Lamar Jackson and Milroe is interesting. Kalen Deboer is giving Milroe a shot to show real ability this season, as he will absolutely maximize what he can do - NFL won't have to wonder. 

I will say this, Milroe may be the biggest/fastest combo guy I have seen. Would it be a surprise if he run 4.37'ish at 230 pounds at the NFL combine? Not for me.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, Wabi Sabi said:

I'd go Lamar Jackson... Both have agility and speed, run tough but elusive, have cannons but struggle with touch on the short - intermediate throws. 

Cam was a bruiser (at least as far as running QBs go) with enough speed to burn ya. Tebow was probably a decent comp to Cam, from a running style. But Cam had a better arm. And LOUD game day attire. 

Nah. Milroe throws a much better deep ball than Lamar and Lamar is a far better intermediate thrower than Milroe. Also Lamar is more of a juke side to side guy where as Milroe is a cut and go guy. 

Edited by Hashtag
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Good topic for discussion IMO

Cam was the best NFL level passer of the elite dual threat QB's I have seen, including VY. Those were the two freaks of freaks in that regard. Tebow was the lowest ranked from a passer standpoint IMO. 

Lamar Jackson and Milroe is interesting. Kalen Deboer is giving Milroe a shot to show real ability this season, as he will absolutely maximize what he can do - NFL won't have to wonder. 

I will say this, Milroe may be the biggest/fastest combo guy I have seen. Would it be a surprise if he run 4.37'ish at 230 pounds at the NFL combine? Not for me.

yep...I would be more surprised if Milroe DIDN'T run 4.37...I disagree with the above poster that he will play RB in the NFL...not that he COULDN'T

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, taxsaver said:

yep...I would be more surprised if Milroe DIDN'T run 4.37...I disagree with the above poster that he will play RB in the NFL...not that he COULDN'T

I'm with you,  look how much better passer he is than when he got to Alabama.  

Just because he goes pro doesn't mean he won't keep improving.  I think he could end up QB or RB depending on who drafts him.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

Milroe is NOTHING like cameron newton. Milroe is a glorified running back playing qb. QB won’t be his position in the NFL.

Sark recruited Milroe for Bama as QB, Sark doesn’t recruit QBs that can’t make all the throws.

• Hook 'Em 2