New Opponent Announced

48 minutes ago, JMarquette said:

We’re truly an SEC school now 

First off we recruit Louisiana.

Secondly, they haven’t been good the last 4 seasons but from 2014-2020 they went to 7 bowl games to our 5. They had as many 10 wins seasons as us (one). Plus they had four 9 win seasons (we had none). They had no losing records and we had 3.

Third, the SEC has won 4 of the last 5 NC. Maybe we can learn something instead of always thinking we are better than everyone else. We haven’t won a NC in 20 years.

Edited by marathon
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, marathon said:

First off we recruit Louisiana.

Secondly, they haven’t been good the last 4 seasons but from 2014-2020 they went to 7 bowl games to our 5. They had as many 10 wins seasons as us (one). Plus they had four 9 win seasons (we had none). They had no losing records and we had 3.

Third, the SEC has won 4 of the last 5 NC. Maybe we can learn something instead of always thinking we are better than everyone else. We haven’t won a NC in 20 years.

Trust me, I don't think we are better than everyone else, I was at UT during the Strong/Herman years, I know how bad it can get, this has been a breath of fresh air. We are clearly benefitting from being in the SEC considering a big selling point of recruiting is being in the SEC. 

Second, my joke was probably not in the best taste, but I hope we don't do the traditional SEC non-conference schedule and continue to schedule marquee matchups because it's good for the brand, good for recruiting, and good for the sport in general.