Morning Notes on RBs (Friday AM)

• Moderators

A couple of nuggets on the running back room as Texas officially enters its bye week today.

Reminder, there is no practice Friday morning or this weekend.

– I am told Jaydon Blue has had a strong week of practice so far. The two fumbles suffered against Mississippi State have left him committed to bouncing back in a big way against Oklahoma in Dallas.

Blue doesn't lack for confidence and right now is chomping at the bit to get the ball back in his hands in a meaningful game.

– RB Jerrick Gibson is expected to be as close to full strength against Oklahoma as he has been all season long. The freshman back has been dealing with a lingering ankle, however after just four touches a week ago and the bye week, the former IMG Academy running back is expected to return to his healthiest form since the season opener.

– Grad transfer RB Velton Gardner was inactive a week ago due to injury in what had become a pretty surprising development. I was told the injury was a cut above the eye that left Gardner sidelined last weekend. I would consider him questionable at the moment – have yet to hear a definitive update on him just yet.

– RB Colin Page is recovering well, though I have yet to hear what his status will be for Oklahoma. Regardless, health is slowing returning to the Texas running back room.

• Hook 'Em 29

• CJ Vogel changed the title to Morning Notes on RBs (Friday AM)
  • CJ Vogel pinned this topic

you know OU is going to be punching at that ball every time he gets a carry, they were constantly doing it in last years game too. Speaking of, I just re-watched the 2023 RRR and the first half was some of the wildest football I can remember, just constantly trading haymakers, trick plays, and momentum shifts.

2 hours ago, HornsRUs said:

you know OU is going to be punching at that ball every time he gets a carry, they were constantly doing it in last years game too. Speaking of, I just re-watched the 2023 RRR and the first half was some of the wildest football I can remember, just constantly trading haymakers, trick plays, and momentum shifts.

I've rewatched that game a few times, and I always stop it after Auburn hits that FG late and wins the game for us. 

• Haha 3