No. 1 Texas vs. No. 18 Oklahoma Game Week Thread

21 minutes ago, hookemrj13 said:

Rewatching last year's game....

They BLEW UP wr screen's, it was an obvious target of theirs to take away. 

Our blocking for wr screens was better last year so far imo...

will our wr blocking hold up this year for those types of plays?

I think we'll mix in a few plays that look like WR screens but have someone who will get behind the DB's crashing the blockers. Break tendency to create explosives.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, goattalk100 said:

OU safeties may be good coming downhill but there isn't much you see from 2 or 22 in pass coverage. OK maybe they had a bad game, but I'm not impressed. Don't compare either one of these safeties to Earl. One thing about Earl, is that if he was playing single high/middle of the feild closed, it was definitely closed. Neither one of those safeties have that kind of range, well at least not in this game🤷🏿‍♂️

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

That has to be an awesome feeling. I never experienced anything like it on a competitive stage. Winning the game is great, but as someone who has multiple deployments the closest feeling I could compare it to is the comradery I built with my platoon, Battery, and squad. I envy these young men, they don't know it now, but something as small as a football game will take these guys from being teammates to family. They'll always have someone to pick them up when they fall down. And that's what it's all about🧡🤍🤘🏿

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Dread-headed Texan said:

When you know what's coming and can sense the tide is turning, that's when you fall back on we've won this many out of that many. Someone should inform the ou crowd past performance is NOT indicative of future results🤘🏿

That’s EXACTLY it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Dread-headed Texan said:

When you know what's coming and can sense the tide is turning, that's when you fall back on we've won this many out of that many. Someone should inform the ou crowd past performance is NOT indicative of future results🤘🏿

Very true. The facts still hurt though. We gotta win Saturday and start to turn those results in favor of the good guys more often.

• Hook 'Em 1