Arch HS rankings

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/rn300/sort/rank/class/2023

with Tennessee losing and Nico looking pedestrian I tried to remember the services that had him rated over Arch.  I thought it was ESPN but it was actually on3. However the ESPN was actually wayyyy worse with the top 3 qbs as 2 already transferred guys and a third about to be transfer from our friends in Norman. Only worse take would be Mike Farrells Arch Smith take. 

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/rn300/sort/rank/class/2023

with Tennessee losing and Nico looking pedestrian I tried to remember the services that had him rated over Arch.  I thought it was ESPN but it was actually on3. However the ESPN was actually wayyyy worse with the top 3 qbs as 2 already transferred guys and a third about to be transfer from our friends in Norman. Only worse take would be Mike Farrells Arch Smith take. 

ESPN had two QBs ranked above Arch and they actually wrote it was because he didn't attend the camps (probably Elite 11?), so they couldn't make a direct comparison between him and the other top guys. Jackson Arnold was their # 1 QB, followed by Dante Moore ... I remember them putting Moore ahead of Arch when he did well at a major camp. Sounded like they were miffed at Arch's snub.

On3 had him as their # 2 QB behind Nico, but both ON3 and 247 composites had him # 1.

Now ESPN looks silly, with Moore barely lasting a semester at UCLA and Arnold likely looking for the exit.

• Hook 'Em 3

Nico is going to be a worse NFL qb too. That Veer and Shoot offense doesn't teach you to play qb. You're not lining WRs damn near out of bounds in the league. That system is quarterbacking with training wheels. Nico looked good against Kent St and NC St but they aren't good. But any defense he played with a pulse he didn't know what to do when. Look at the difference between what Arch was asked to do compared to Nico.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Dread-headed Texan said:

Nico is going to be a worse NFL qb too. That Veer and Shoot offense doesn't teach you to play qb. You're not lining WRs damn near out of bounds in the league. That system is quarterbacking with training wheels. Nico looked good against Kent St and NC St but they aren't good. But any defense he played with a pulse he didn't know what to do when. Look at the difference between what Arch was asked to do compared to Nico.

Arch is light years better than he was in high school—a scary thought.  Kudos to Sark and Milwee for carefully developing him during his redshirt year and beyond.

• Hook 'Em 2