What's your keys to the win?

Football is a passion of mine. You know that guy who was a really good HS player but didn't have the juice to go any higher? That's me. I love watching opponents and finding weaknesses that can be exploited. While watching the ou defense, there's a few things I've noticed. Their safeties are absolutely dogs coming downhill and being a force in the run game. Where they aren't as good is playing the pass when teams aren't in a passing situation, they play flat footed and you can get behind them. I'd love to see Sark attack the middle of the field in the intermediate to deep area. Another thing is motion triggers their defense. Sark has a ton of motion and screens either bubble, tunnel, or misdirection. If he's going to use those plays off motion it's basically a wasted down or play. Throwing laterally is playing into ou hands. Not that Sark is huge on tempo, but he shouldn't use it until later in the game or two minute. We should actually huddle more. Why? Simple, ou lines up based of your formation, when you huddle and get to the line after the comms shut off, that gives them less time to react and they are less likely to get lined up right. There's so much to take advantage of when going against ou defense that I could be writing til kick off. So what what tendencies have you noticed? Yes, we already know ou is opportunistic and we need to take care of the ball and have less mental and procedure penalties, I challenge you to dig deeper🤘🏿

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, 4thandFive said:

1. QE3 takes care of the ball

2. Jaydon Blue takes care of the ball 

3. The OL gives QE3 time to throw. I think that’s it. He’ll pick any team apart and Bond, Wingo, and Co will streak.

I’ll just agree 💯 with you ! I was going to say very similar. 🤘🏻

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Shane said:

I’ll just agree 💯 with you ! I was going to say very similar. 🤘🏻

I want our defense to be good…but honestly, OU’s offense isn’t on the level as Texas’ offense. They could play there some maybe and get hot, but I think Texas can outscore anybody if the game calls for it.

Also….today better be #AllGasNoBrakes

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, 4thandFive said:

1. QE3 takes care of the ball

2. Jaydon Blue takes care of the ball 

3. The OL gives QE3 time to throw. I think that’s it. He’ll pick any team apart and Bond, Wingo, and Co will streak.

All week I've listened to ou talking heads and one of their main keys to victory or making a game of it is to turn Texas over. With ou incompetence of offense the key to that is where the ball is turned over not to mention that counting on turnovers as a given is nothing more than hope. Turnovers like sacks comes in bunches. I think ou respects our recievers and qb more than the running game. It would be stupid not to. So while they may show blitz and crowd the line, I bet they'll do more dropping eight than bringing extra rushers. With that being said, unpopular opinion, Texas run game will have a pretty big day. Or at least they should.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Robbin Antono said:

Put our Nickel back on 100% watch on their running qb .. and the offense will take care of itself

There's so many looks we can give without actually spying or showing a spy. I feel like we may see more of a bear front while playing man. That puts the safeties on the TE and RB while the nickel plays the slot while both linebackers can play run and keep eyes on the qb. Don't worry there's always going to be eyes on Hawkins. If not I'm going to put you in charge of the gofundme and raise money to get me out of jail😂

• Haha 1

Play physical football.  Come in with a chip on your shoulder, beat them up, and then use your playmakers to take advantage when they have to sell out to stop you.  Get ahead and then continue to execute and attack.  Full commitment for 60 minutes.  

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Nathan Larson said:

1 T.O.P

2 3rd down conversion and stops

3 Line of Scrimmage 

4 Keep on schedule offense

5 Take what points you get

We have to get to Hawkins and hit him early and often. One thing about young qbs when they get touched is they start to see and feel pressure that isn't there and you can force them into sacks or throw errand passes. 

14 minutes ago, David Latiolais said:

Allow QE to settle into the game. Last year he was so amped up that it took a few plays to get him calm down. I hope Texas runs the ball a couple of times before he throws the ball down the field. 

I think they will. Even the novice X and O guy can see that ou secondary is a liability, so I think they do a lot of showing and dropping. That means our lineman need to be bullies, besides it's preparation for Georgia. Why not kill two birds with one stone? 

• Hook 'Em 1