Next group of in-state QB's Texas is evaluating (Tuesday 3:09 p.m. CST)

• Moderators

When the spring evaluation period begins in late April, Texas quarterbacks coach A.J. Milwee will be making trips in state and nationally to evaluate the 2026 crop of quarterbacks ahead of June camps. 

These evaluations in person will be critical for Steve Sarkisian and Milwee with the Longhorns yet to extend an offer to a 2026 quarterback as of February 13. 

OnTexasFootball knows of six 2026 quarterback prospects in the state of Texas that Milwee is expected to evaluate throw in person in May. 

Jett Surratt, Carthage (Texas) High
6-1, 180
Offers: Texas Tech, Houston, Louisiana Tech
Sophomore stats: 204 of 308 for 3,046 yards and 34 TD's with 8 INT's. 
Note: Will be one of the most heavily recruited golf prospects in the 2026 cycle. Father is Carthage High head coach Scott Surratt. 

Rees Wise, Austin (Texas) Westlake
6-1, 205
Offers: Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Houston, Texas Tech, SMU and UTEP. 
Sophomore stats: 129 of 212 for 1,848 yards and 21 TD's with 8 INT's. He added 85 rushes for 426 yards and 9 TD's. 

Grant Smith, Spring (Texas) Grand Oaks
6-3, 205
Offers: TCU, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Baylor, California, Texas Tech and Houston. 
Sophomore stats: 77 of 142 for 944 yards passing with 2 TD's
Note: Father played linebacker at Sam Houston State. 

Romin Seymour, Missouri City (Texas) Ridge Point
6-5, 195
Offers: Florida State, Florida, Texas A&M, Houston, Pittsburgh and UTSA
Sophomore stats: 124 of 251 for 1,245 yards with 7 TD"s and 11 INT's
The family tree: father is former Florida State and NFL defensive end Roland Seymour.
Note:
Played freshman and sophomore seasons at Manvel High

Jake Fette, El Paso (Texas) Del Valle
6-2, 185
Offers: TCU, SMU, Baylor, Texas Tech and UTEP
Sophomore stats: 139 of 225 for 2,465 yards and 27 TD's with 5 INT's. He added 74 rushes for 346 yards and TD on the ground. 

Frans Steyn, San Marcos (Texas) High
6-4, 200
Note: Played Junior Varsity in 2023 due to UIL transfer ruling. 

View full news

• Hook 'Em 6

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, goathumper said:

Would recruiting be easier for Texas this cycle if Sark had elected to take an in state QB?

I don't think so. For me, I want Sark taking the best QB he thinks he has evaluated with the program having been built back up. 

• Hook 'Em 6

10 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Jett Suratt ... man he has very high-end accuracy and anticipation in all three levels. 

I'm sure it would be about impossible to turn down being a QB at a place like Texas.... but man, go make millions playing golf. Talk about living the life.

• Hook 'Em 4

Honesty...and all those QBs are certainly worth monitoring...but I would be surprised if Sark didn't offer Will Griffin out of CA...IMO he's better than anyone in the 2025 class...but that's just me...a long ways to go before we get to 2026...but Griffin can do it all and do it all really well

Edited by taxsaver
misspelled, "than" with "that"...

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, taxsaver said:

Honesty...and all those QBs are certainly worth monitoring...but I would be surprised if Sark didn't offer Will Griffin out of CA...IMO he's better than anyone in the 2025 class...but that's just me...a long ways to go before we get to 2026...but Griffin can do it all and do it all really well

I too will be surprised if he's not the first OOS offer ... was at Texas Junior Day January 20

http://www.hudl.com/v/2MmTYS

• Hook 'Em 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, HuntFishTexan said:

Grant Smith's father is a good friend of mine.  If he has a competitive streak like his dad, he's going to be something.  I know they were quite excited to receive the Aggie offer a year or so ago.

Good stuff! His dad played at Klein Oak prior to Sam Houston State, correct?

• Hook 'Em 1