Wednesday Morning Recruiting Nuggets (7:29 a.m. CST)

• Moderators

Let's start with this ... don't forget Valentines Day!!! Or Coffee & Football at 8:10 a.m. CST on the YouTube channel!

Now some Wednesday morning recruiting nuggets and notes:

Texas known or expected visitors in March and April (list will grow a lot)

March 22-24 7v7 tournament in the Austin area:

Brandon Brown, DL, Melbourne (Fla.) Eau Gallie #AllGasNoBrakes
Will make a first visit to Texas while in town for 7v7 with California Power program/team.

Members the Texas Nightrydas team that are expected to stop and visit Texas while in the area for 7v7 tournament...

Kiotti Armstrong, TE, Jasper (Texas) High - 2025
Texas and Texas A&M remain top 2 with Longhorns slightly trending.

Javar Thomas, LB, Aldine (Texas) Nimitz - 2025
Texas offered February 2.

Kosi Okpala, LB, Houston (Texas) Mayde Creek - 2026
Texas offered January 22, and leads early. Mayde Creek defensive coordinator is former Texas National Campion linebacker Rashad Bobino.

Tai'Yion King, LB, Port Arthur (Texas) Memorial - 2026
Has 14 offers with Texas A&M standing out early on.

Noriel Dominguez, LB, Missouri City (Texas) Fort Bend Marshall - 2026
Has 14 offers. Will visit Oklahoma March 9.

Grant Smith, QB, Spring (Texas) Grand Oaks - 2026
Texas QB coach A.J. Milwee is watching Smith throw in person during spring evaluation period. 

March 16-17:
Peter Langi, IOL, San Francisco (Calif.) Archbishop Rirordan - 2025
May reschedule for when team is practicing. This is spring break weekend. 38 offers, including the Horns. 

Told OnTexasFootball they plan to visit in March or April, but don't have date yet:
Kaliq Lockett, WR, Sachse (Texas) High
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star
Steve Sarkisian and Chris Jackson visited Lockett in late January. 

Faheem Delane, S, Olney (Md.) Good Counsel
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star
Delane is in contact with safeties coach Blake Gideon

April 13-14:
Major Preston, CB/DB, Hopewell (Va.) IMG Academy
Texas offered January 30. Blake Gideon is in consistent communication. 

Spring Game April 20:
Michael Terry, ATHM San Antonio (Texas) Alamo Heights
Texas, TCU and Texas Tech the top 3 currently. 

Rickey Stewart, RB, Tyler (Texas) Chapel Hill
Texas leads large over Baylor, SMU and Oklahoma State.

Additional notes:
Hastings (Texas) High 2025 EDGE Smith Orogbo told OnTexasFootball Tuesday evening he has not spoken with the Texas staff since being offered in January. He knows USC will be one June official visit. Texas A&M (spoken with Mike Elko and Jay Bateman) is another possibility. Didn't rule out spring visit to Texas.

Spring (Texas) High 2025 defensive tackle Floyd Guidry (6-1, 285) is one prospect eyeing an April decision, barring a change. TCU will get a March visit on the 23rd. Texas, TCU, Houston and Texas Tech are talked about the most. 

Austin (Texas) Lake Travis defensive lineman Gus Cordova told OnTexasFootball Tuesday that he has spoke with new defensive line coach Kenny Baker since Baker was hired. Junior Day visits were made to Texas A&M, Texas and Oregon. 

LSU will have a big visit weekend March 9. Two top Texas targets scheduled to attend are Lufkin (Texas) High DL Zion Williams and Mansfield (Texas) Timberview DL Dilan Battle. Both are OnTexasFootball 4-star prospects. 

OnTexasFootball continues to believe Texas leads for Hitchcock (Texas) High WR and OnTexasFootball 4-star Kelshaun Johnson (5-11.5, 170). Texas A&M WR coach Holmon Wiggins did impress Johnson at Junior Day January 27. Two OV's are set: Penn State (May 31-June 2) and Texas Tech (June 8-10). Texas is likely June 28-30, but not locked in yet. Of note, Texas A&M is seriously recruiting teammate, good friend and 2025 Texas Tech QB commit Lloyd Jones (6-3, 210). 

View full news

• Hook 'Em 9

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, SpaceCityWrangler said:

The Cordova kid has great punch, tremendous hands.  Do you have any thoughts about Sark ‘n staff’s pursuit of him? 

I'm interested to see what position Texas is truly going to recruit him to play. Not sure his the SEC large human on the interior long term. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

That's a good Q. Flex TE ... I like with ball in hand right now ... loose limbs moving with fluidity and natural pass catcher

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/16256306/652895b3ab9ce801ec94e335

Inteersting. Not sure he gets in the class then with Armstrong, Winston, Townsend ideally for Texas. Armostrong and Townsend recruitments wont be easy to win however 

I am hoping Terry can stick at either WR or one of the DB spots. Imo, his athleticism and size is much more unique at those spots. Not trying to knock Alamo Heights, but I wonder if he would be a more CFB ready prospect at a bigger program

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, goathumper said:

Inteersting. Not sure he gets in the class then with Armstrong, Winston, Townsend ideally for Texas. Armostrong and Townsend recruitments wont be easy to win however 

I am hoping Terry can stick at either WR or one of the DB spots. Imo, his athleticism and size is much more unique at those spots. Not trying to knock Alamo Heights, but I wonder if he would be a more CFB ready prospect at a bigger program

Nick Townsend is such an interesting prospect for me ... man, you lean to wanting him to rush the passer/play EDGE/LB long term ... but he's definitely a P5 TE prospect too

Kiotti Armstrong for me is a shorter Darnell Washington if he maximizes. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Nick Townsend is such an interesting prospect for me ... man, you lean to wanting him to rush the passer/play EDGE/LB long term ... but he's definitely a P5 TE prospect too

Kiotti Armstrong for me is a shorter Darnell Washington if he maximizes. 

To me Townsend is an elite TE option because of his long arms and speed. On film he looks like a possibly low 4.6 guy outrunning angles from DBs 

You like him at Townsend just because pass rushers are so rare to find?

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, goathumper said:

To me Townsend is an elite TE option because of his long arms and speed. On film he looks like a possibly low 4.6 guy outrunning angles from DBs 

You like him at Townsend just because pass rushers are so rare to find?

Yep, and not many that will be 6-3/6-4, 250-260 and run 4.65 off the EDGE! And he's physical with those long levers

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SpaceCityWrangler said:

Yes, we all know.  I’m content with Jackson and Morgan for the EDGE haul in ‘25.  If there’s a third, I would prefer Townsend as TE/EDGE prospect similar to Jackson. 

Yep.  I'm with you on that.  In any event, I don't want to see Cordova in the class.