Texas offers Hightower High DB Kade Phillips

• Moderators

The Texas Longhorns extended an offer in the 2025 cycle Sunday afternoon. 

Hightower (Texas) High's Kade Phillips was offered by the Longhorns Sunday. 

Phillips, 6-1.5 and 178 pounds, attended Texas Junior day January 20. The Longhorns didn't offer at the time, but was a name OnTexasFootball continued to hear the defensive staff was high on. 

"I was very excited when he offered me," Phillips told OnTexasFootball Sunday night. "I had kind of seen it coming, but at the same I didn't. Coach Gideon offered me. We were talking and he told me that he had gone back and watched my film again. And he wanted to offer me. He thanked for me being patient."

The offer to Phillips is his 27th, including nine since January. The January offer list included Stanford, LSU, TCU, SMU and California. Arizona and Texas have offered in February. 

Phillips was considered a battle between LSU and Texas A&M prior to the Longhorns offer. The Tigers were considered the trending team according to one source close to the recruitment. Texas is now considered a threat. 

"Texas is up there, too."

Phillips told OTF he plans to make a visit to Texas in the spring, but doesn't have a date yet. 

View full news

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Some Power 5 schools are recruiting Phillips at corner, and some safety. 

Blake Gideon is the area recruiter for Hightower High. The Longhorns like the versatility of Phillips with eye on safety. 

Versatile FS with coverage ability I think

Blake took until after OU weekend to offer Filsaime so this is way ahead of schedule. Kidding! He has a couple of qualities you can't coach with good size and a 22.4 200M.

Outside of Brew, DB is the one position where the board feels murkiest.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, John Moore said:

Blake took until after OU weekend to offer Filsaime so this is way ahead of schedule. Kidding! He has a couple of qualities you can't coach with good size and a 22.4 200M.

Outside of Brew, DB is the one position where the board feels murkiest.

Well done sir! lol

1 hour ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Was told be a second source this morning ... the Texas is a big one for Kade Phillips. Will not be surprised if it's not LSU vs. Texas if both make the red carpet push this spring. 

Interesting there is no A&M in there considering his family ties. Did his brother going there help, hurt or no impact on his chances of ending up in CS?