Four-star scheduled to talk to Steve Sarkisian Monday (Friday 7:35 a.m. CST)

• Moderators

Four-star scheduled to talk to Steve Sarkisian Monday

Missouri City, Texas - One of the most recent offers by the Texas Longhorns in the 2025 cycle is scheduled to talk to Steve Sarkisian Monday.

Hightower (Texas) High defensive back Kade Phillips was offered by safeties coach and area recruiter Blake Gideon Sunday. It was an offer Phillips and family had been waiting on for a few weeks.

"The Texas offer meant a lot to me," Phillips told OnTexasFootball. "Texas is a big school, big culture and it meant a lot. It felt great. Coach Gideon came to see me multiple times. He came to track practice, came by the field house multiple times just to talk. Texas is going to be up there. Up there." 

Now that the Longhorns have offered the 6-1, 178 pound versatile defensive back with an 80 inch wingspan and 10 inch hands, Phillips and Sarkisian are scheduled to begin their relationship developing part of the process. 

"I'm talking to the staff every day. We set up a phone call Coach Sark on Monday. We are going to get on the phone and chop it up. Coach Gideon wants me to get on the phone with him (Sark), and just begin to build that relationship."

Phillips attended Texas Junior day January 20. He has been on campus multiple times in the last year, including a game visit in 2023. 

Texas A&M and LSU the main competition

Phillips is the younger brother of former Texas A&M linebacker signee Kenneth Phillips, who had his career cut short after a devastating knee injury his senior season. He remains a student at Texas A&M. Kade Phillips was back on campus in College Station January 27 for Junior Day.

"Coach (Mike) Elko just wants everybody to be part of the recruitment. Not just your position coach, but all of the coaches. He wants it to be one big family. They offered me at corner, but like my versatility. Wherever the team needs me is what they said."

Phillips will make his first ever trip to LSU this spring. It's a visit that will be very key in the recruitment.

"I'm in contact with Coach (Corey) Raymond every day. He's just checking in on me, seeing how I'm doing. I just know it's LSU. Big facility, big program. It will be a big visit fore me when I go down there."

Arkansas, Oregon, Baylor and Kansas as schools also making runs right now. 

Phillips plans to commit either late in the spring, or after June official visits. 

View full news

• Hook 'Em 6

Does Philips have the top end speed and fluidity to be a corner? 

Really interested to see what the staff does at DB this cycle. The board seems very in flux. A few guys like Sellers/Brew/Felane/Sanchez are obvious priorities but the rest seems subject to change, both in terms of positions and priority 

On 2/23/2024 at 8:09 AM, GoHorns1 said:

Get the FBISD pipeline started ASAP

That’s where AD Mitchell came out of. So did Ross Blaylock. Derek Carr spent 2 years there before moving to California. Devon Achane too, Marshall High School is loaded. Oh, I teach in the district as well.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, thatdude2 said:

That’s where AD Mitchell came out of. So did Ross Blaylock. Derek Carr spent 2 years there before moving to California. Devon Achane too, Marshall High School is loaded. Oh, I teach in the district as well.

For sure. And Ridge Point will have 3-5 guys every year that are very talented … where majority of NFL kids will go through

• Hook 'Em 1