2027 QB to Keep An Eye On

• Moderators

While I was hoping to get an idea of the current landscape of 2026 DL Tiki Hola's recruitment while on the road at Bastrop High this morning, I wanted to get a first look at what could end up being a very special quarterback coming through the ranks in central Texas.

2027 QB Weston Nielsen has seen his recruitment really pop over the last few weeks.

After starting the final eight games of the regular season, the cat is out of the bag with the CenTex gunslinger. Nielsen received his offer from Oregon on September 24, then received nine offers in the months of January and February.

Texas made two stops by Bastrop during the contact window to evaluate Nielsen as well. The first was Steve Sarkisian on the first day of the contact window, January 12, and then the second was a solo visit from AJ Milwee two weeks later.

Milwee was able to watch the 2027 quarterback throw in workouts as well.

We know the Texas staff is rather peculiar when it comes to quarterback recruiting. Sarkisian is not loose with quarterback offers regardless of the talent crop, nor on-roster depth. Texas will have the shortest trek of any major D1 program to keep tabs on the 6-foot-3 quarterback during his development.

The Bastrop staff is expecting the Longhorn staff to return to campus again to watch Nielsen throw during the spring. Should be interesting to follow with the local kid.

View full news

• Hook 'Em 5

In other 2027 California news, I thought I remembered DT Isaiah “Blake” Fiacco out of San Clemente (CA) San Juan Hills planning on coming in. But I’m assuming he didn’t end up visiting Austin yesterday considering I didn’t see anything about it.