Watching Chris Sims interview Texas longhorns

I've been watching Chris Sims show where he's been interviewing Texas longhorns at the combine, and showing a lot of love for his longhorn brethren. I think it's time that the University of Texas figures out a way to bring him back to Austin by showing him Texas longhorns want him back. Maybe Texas could have a bring back the quarterback day, and bring back as many former Texas longhorn starting quarterbacks, which would include Chris Sims and Todd Dodge. Those two guys really don't get a lot of love from the University of Texas.

• Hook 'Em 8

Simms is the best/worst example (depending at how you look at it) of what the Horn fanbase can do to a player. Simms was a great recruit and a very good QB for the Horns. However, since he did not live up to the hype while on the 40 Acres he has been vilified by many so-called fans. Mack didn’t do him any favors by starting him ahead of Major but he never deserved the animosity showered upon him by so many. 

I would love to see him back home and welcomed with open arms. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Robert Gilbert said:

Simms is the best/worst example (depending at how you look at it) of what the Horn fanbase can do to a player. Simms was a great recruit and a very good QB for the Horns. However, since he did not live up to the hype while on the 40 Acres he has been vilified by many so-called fans. Mack didn’t do him any favors by starting him ahead of Major but he never deserved the animosity showered upon him by so many. 

I would love to see him back home and welcomed with open arms. 

Have seen shades of this (not full blown) directed at Quinn following the draft combine. “Why didn’t Texas win it all with these athletes?? Quinn held this team back.”  As if he didn’t have massive throws all season to those athletes, an epic Big 12 championship, and a great showing in clutch time that brought us a red zone possession away from playing for a natty.  It’s so strange to me how the fanbase seems to constantly have the need to point vilify someone.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, DiggsTX said:

Have seen shades of this (not full blown) directed at Quinn following the draft combine. “Why didn’t Texas win it all with these athletes?? Quinn held this team back.”  As if he didn’t have massive throws all season to those athletes, an epic Big 12 championship, and a great showing in clutch time that brought us a red zone possession away from playing for a natty.  It’s so strange to me how the fanbase seems to constantly have the need to point vilify someone.

I agree. I am sure you remember all hate directed at Worthy as his sophomore season ended. It wasn’t till later we learned he had an injured hand which probably was the cause for several drops. If we look at this from a larger societal issue, I think we will find that social media has made it easier to be critical of athletes, actors, politicians, etc. It is one thing to rip Dak on the Cowboys when he is making 40+ million but to tear into a 20ish QB because he doesn’t live up to your ability on Madden Football is sad. JMO

• Hook 'Em 3

I haven't had much love for Simms. I felt he had a entitled attitude and a chip on his shoulder. However, I have had realize he wasn't raised in Texas! LOL... He was treated poorly when things went the wrong way at Colorado. But Babers says he was a great teammate and that says he wasn't all about himself and the media persona wasn't fair to him. Time to correct things... and  bring him home.  HOOK 'EM!

• Hook 'Em 3

It was great to see him so excited for the Texas guys at the combine. However, it was sad that many of them didn’t know he played for Texas. You can see the love he still has for his alma mater and UT definitely needs to bring him back and show him some love as part of the family.

• Hook 'Em 3

21 hours ago, DiggsTX said:

I've seen other fanbases vilify this young man too, but not surprising.  Ewers is a good QB and I would say at least 130 of the 134 teams in CFB would love to have him as their starter going into the 2024 season.

• Hook 'Em 1