Transfer Portal QBs

Specifically, I want to get some feedback on Will Howard. I've watched some Ohio State fans gush on this guy, but I don't get it. He was an average Big 12 QB. He transferred because he wasn't going to even start in 2024. He personally lost the game to OK State in 2023. This is the glaring hole for the Buckeyes in 2024. If we face them in the playoff, I hope Will Howard is their QB.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, harveycmd said:

Specifically, I want to get some feedback on Will Howard. I've watched some Ohio State fans gush on this guy, but I don't get it. He was an average Big 12 QB. He transferred because he wasn't going to even start in 2024. He personally lost the game to OK State in 2023. This is the glaring hole for the Buckeyes in 2024. If we face them in the playoff, I hope Will Howard is their QB.

I'm not sure he will even start. They got Julian Sayin and I know true freshmen starting is rare and rarely works out, but think he could beat out Howard.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, GoHorns1 said:

Will Howard will benched before the seasons end for poor play.

That's what I'm thinking. Howard will have one of his multiple interception games and the OSU fanbase will go bucknuts. I don't see Sayin taking over. Probably be Devin Brown.

1 hour ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

For me, Riley Leonard was the biggest portal win for any team … ND.

To this point in their college career’s, zero comparison between the two. 

That may be, but ND is almost always vastly overrated in the pre-season because the industry wants to drive TV ratings. Can't see Leonard being good enough to elevate them to true national title contention. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, harveycmd said:

That may be, but ND is almost always vastly overrated in the pre-season because the industry wants to drive TV ratings. Can't see Leonard being good enough to elevate them to true national title contention. 

I didn't claim a National Title lol

But they upgraded their QB by a good margin. 

They have the scheduled to get to the 12 team playoff with a season opening win at Texas A&M, however. 

at Texas A&M
Northern Illinois
at Purdue
Miami (Ohio)
Louisville
Stanford
at Georgia Tech
Navy (N)
Florida State
Virginia
Army (N)
at USC

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

I didn't claim a National Title lol

But they upgraded their QB by a good margin. 

I know. I don't see Leonard making a big difference because they don't have the skill players to compete with the highest level SEC and Big 10 teams. I'm sure they will make the playoff if they win ten games. That would likely mean they went 2-2 against the four potentially tough teams they play (A&M, Louisville, Florida State and USC). That said, there is a very good chance none of those four teams will make the playoff, so I seriously doubt ND belongs even if they go 10-2. That will be much more of a TV decision than Alabama was over Florida State in 2023.

Edited by harveycmd

I think Dillon Gabriel will surprise a lot of people. I give it to him as the biggest portal win. A lot a lot of weapons at Oregon. Evan Stewart is just the cherry on top for Lanning. Dillon Gabriel will replace Nix like Nix never left IMO. I hope to see Oregon in the CFP next year. Hook'em.