Chace Sims talks Texas offer (Wednesday 2:07 pm. CST)

• Moderators

Chace Sims talks Texas offer

Texas defensive line coach Kenny Baker's offer spree Tuesday included one of the best in the Houston area in 2025. 

Richmond (Texas) Randle defensive tackle Chace Sims began Tuesday with 13 offers, with LSU being the most recent February 24. Sims, 6-3 and 285 pounds, ended the day with one of the offers he has been waiting on. 

"Man, the Texas offer is big," Sims told OnTexasFootball Tuesday night. "Just like A&M and LSU, being from Texas it’s really big. Watching them on TV, I could always see myself playing there."

The Randle High staff had been telling Sims to expect call from Kenny Baker for the last few days, and that call came with an unexpected offer yesterday. 

"He (Kenny Baker) was great. He has that real southern accent. He said he wants tough players. He seems like he’s real passionate, and that inspired me. He called me and told me he liked my film. He said I'm a really tough guy, and wants tough guys on the defensive line at Texas." 

The conversation immediately went to getting Sims on campus after the offer was made. And Sims is already locked in for a weekend in April 

"Coach Baker invited me up on April 6. I plan to visit that weekend."

Spring unofficial visit schedule

LSU - March 9 

Texas -April 6

Texas A&M - April 20 spring game 

Official visits

SMU - May 17-19

TCU - June 7-9

Texas A&M or Texas Tech - June 21-23 

Sims was dominant at times as a junior. He posted 86 tackles, 18 tackles for loss and 11 sacks in 2023. He's currently competing in track and field in the shot put. He has a PR of 47'3" last year, and is closing in on that throw a couple of weeks into the 2024 season. 

View full news

• Hook 'Em 6

There are many years in recent history where a prospect like Sims would be a top 2-3 DT in the state 

Coming off a big season, it is important that Baker defend homecourt this cycle and capitalize on a really good year in Texas for DL talent. It is expected Texas will miss on most big fish nationally, but they cant sleep on really talented TXHSFB players while looking nationally

• Hook 'Em 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, goathumper said:

There are many years in recent history where a prospect like Sims would be a top 2-3 DT in the state 

Coming off a big season, it is important that Baker defend homecourt this cycle and capitalize on a really good year in Texas for DL talent. It is expected Texas will miss on most big fish nationally, but they cant sleep on really talented TXHSFB players while looking nationally

Yep. Texas needs to hit two in state, and two out of state IMO. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Thanks 1