Thursday Morning Recruiting Nuggets (7:24 a.m. CST)

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, FLHorn17 said:

I live in Port Orange and my oldest just graduated from Spruce Creek. Went to a few of their games this past season(my buddy is DL coach).  That kid definitely stood out like a man amongst boys at the games I was at. My buddy says he's a great kid too

Love this! I believe Texas has a legit shot here if they make the big push. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, UTJB27 said:

Too much out-of-state recruiting lately, need to focus in on TEXAS more

For me, just keep signing top 7-8 ranked classes. 

If Texas kids were all in on staying home, there would be more emphasis on in-state recruiting IMO. Just not the way of the recruiting world these days.

Georgia is signing 3-4 of the top 10 in their home state right now, and are on top of the college football world. And Georgia has as much high end talent as Texas, if not more. 

So many families have moved into DFW or Houston or Metro Atlanta in recent years ... they aren't tied to staying with the in-state schools. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, John Moore said:

Honest question but why post this on 3 different threads?

Because it was relevant in multiple different position groups: RB (2x), DB, and DL/DE

Not saying it's "All or nothing" in terms of going in-state versus out-of-state, but in my opinion it just seems this current recruiting cycle is too heavily weighted towards out-of-state (judging from the threads discussing offers at different position groups)

I know we can "trust Sark and coaches" but I fear they risk spreading their time and resources too thin by being spread across the entire country for a player at a position that may be immaterially better than the equivalent inside of Texas. My opinion is that the state of Texas has enough game-changers to win with if we go all-in on them which will reap benefits for generations given the relationships here. Just my 2 cents for the message board

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, UTJB27 said:

Because it was relevant in multiple different position groups: RB (2x), DB, and DL/DE

Not saying it's "All or nothing" in terms of going in-state versus out-of-state, but in my opinion it just seems this current recruiting cycle is too heavily weighted towards out-of-state (judging from the threads discussing offers at different position groups)

I know we can "trust Sark and coaches" but I fear they risk spreading their time and resources too thin by being spread across the entire country for a player at a position that may be immaterially better than the equivalent inside of Texas. My opinion is that the state of Texas has enough game-changers to win with if we go all-in on them which will reap benefits for generations given the relationships here. Just my 2 cents for the message board

Sorry but it just doesn't work like that...NIL changed recruiting

• Hook 'Em 1