John Turntine III sets Texas visit (Sunday 1:55 p.m. CST)

• Moderators

John Turntine III visiting Texas in April 

Fort Worth (Texas) North Crowley OT John Turntine III is making a visit to Texas April 13 per a source close to the recruitment. 

Turntine, 6-5 and 295, is an OnTexasFootball 5-star prospect in the 2026 cycle. Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian and running backs coach Tashard Choice were by the school in January to see the North Crowley prospects, headlined by Turntine. Offensive line coach Kyle Flood has been by the school multiple times. 

Turntine was offered by Sarkisian and Flood October 23 when on campus for the first time. Turntine attended Texas Junior Day January 20 with his father, former TCU star defensive lineman John Turntine II. 

The DFW area star entered the spring with  offers. The January offer list included Georgia, Texas A&M, Oregon, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Penn State, Arkansas and California. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Zacharyhorn said:

I know it’s early, but who do you think will emerge as our biggest competition for him?

Very good academic/football combo schools … long term 

Not sure I see him going far away for college 

SEC powers will be in it

Dad played at TCU, but not sure I see that one right now 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, John Moore said:

I love our roster @ OT and who we're recruiting in the 2025 class but I don't see how anyone keeps that kid off the field when he arrives

Agree 100%. He’s the best/most talented OT Texas has recruiting since Sark/Flood arrived 

• Hook 'Em 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, justwinbaby said:

Best OT prospect I’ve seen in a long time.  Amazing he’s a high school junior this year.

That's where I come out. He's 10-12 pounds heavier/stronger right now than sophomore tape ... he's going to be tremendous junior season ...

Top 10 overall academically in his class too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, goattalk100 said:

The scary thing about his tape is he can get so much better technically with hand placement & contact initiation. Plus he will continue to get bigger & stronger. One heck of a prospect.

100%. 

And he's ahead of where Kelvin Banks was as a sophomore. KB made a big, big jump in physicality between junior and senior season

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

100%. 

And he's ahead of where Kelvin Banks was as a sophomore. KB made a big, big jump in physicality between junior and senior season

Yea comparing tapes at the same age Turntine is actually much quicker & lighter on his feet than Banks was. That’s crazy considering what Banks has developed into & makes me think Turntine almost has HOF level ceiling if maximized.

• Hook 'Em 1