Interesting note on new Texas DE commit Lance Jackson

• Moderators

This morning we had Pleasant Grove head coach Josh Gibson on Coffee and Football.  Coach Gibson sees Lance Jackson nearly everyday and raved about the type of person he is both on and off the field.  However, this stuck out to Bobby, CJ and I as much as anything. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• Blake Munroe changed the title to Interesting note on new Texas DE commit Lance Jackson
3 minutes ago, Geoff Eneman said:

If he's that big already, could he potentially slide inside and be a super disruptive 3 tech? I mean that kind of athleticism inside would make him a LOT of $$.

I had the same thought. I also thought that if you can maintain that same level of speed and athleticism while increasing in size, he'd be a complete monster at the edge. Lots of options for this young man.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Geoff Eneman said:

If he's that big already, could he potentially slide inside and be a super disruptive 3 tech? I mean that kind of athleticism inside would make him a LOT of $$.

I don't see Lance getting much bigger than what he is currently. The highlight of his game is the rush off the line of scrimmage and athleticism he possesses to get to quarterbacks. Think a more athletic Ethan Burke here. Length + elite wingspan.

• Hook 'Em 2

I suspect Lance wants to retain his speed for receiving purposes and doesn’t intend to add too much weight while in HS, but Landon did add 45 pounds in one year (238 to 283), so the family profile would suggest it’s a possibility. But that obviously doesn’t mean he plans to or wants to. 

• Hook 'Em 3