April Transfers. THEY know. WE have to wait.

From Josh Pate:

“Let me just give you an idea of what’s happening on the college football streets right now. Everybody behind the scenes knows it’s gonna get really crazy in April. So, what’s happening right now—I kid you not—I had someone walk me through the other day a specific position group at a major university out there. Not only were there kids on that team, in that position group that their coach knew, ‘he’s not going to be on my team after April 20th or 25th,’ but this group of coaches knew who they were going to backfill with. And the names that they’re going to backfill with are on other rosters, currently. That’s not an isolated example.”
-Josh Pate
  • Hook 'Em 1

I think Texas coaches know they need a 0, but I'm not cynical enough to think they "know" who that's going to be yet. They probably have a wish list, but knowing implies agreements made, etc., and I don't buy that. Pate is a guy who desperately wants to be seen as an insider, and this is exactly the kind of non-specific claim that convinces non-critical thinkers that they really do know something.

1 hour ago, syracusehorn said:

I think Texas coaches know they need a 0, but I'm not cynical enough to think they "know" who that's going to be yet. They probably have a wish list, but knowing implies agreements made, etc., and I don't buy that. Pate is a guy who desperately wants to be seen as an insider, and this is exactly the kind of non-specific claim that convinces non-critical thinkers that they really do know something.

They knew about AD loooong before he went in the portal. Everyone is doing it. I’m glad we are partaking. 

23 hours ago, Beveaux said:

From Josh Pate:

“Let me just give you an idea of what’s happening on the college football streets right now. Everybody behind the scenes knows it’s gonna get really crazy in April. So, what’s happening right now—I kid you not—I had someone walk me through the other day a specific position group at a major university out there. Not only were there kids on that team, in that position group that their coach knew, ‘he’s not going to be on my team after April 20th or 25th,’ but this group of coaches knew who they were going to backfill with. And the names that they’re going to backfill with are on other rosters, currently. That’s not an isolated example.”
-Josh Pate

While I'm not a fan I want our staff to take advantage of everything they can to improve Texas. When it gets sorted down the road we can live in that world but for now, while the bullets are flying you better be returning fire.

I’m curious which players will transfer out from Texas. I could see a TE or OL but not sure who or what positions will see attrition. Texas has to have at least four or five guys transfer out to get under the scholarship limit. 

13 minutes ago, jonbailey said:

I’m curious which players will transfer out from Texas. I could see a TE or OL but not sure who or what positions will see attrition. Texas has to have at least four or five guys transfer out to get under the scholarship limit. 

We’re bound to lose somebody we wanna keep to NIL unfortunately