OTF roadie: D.J. Sanders (Wednesday 7:52 a.m. CST)

• Moderators

OTF roadie: D.J. Sanders

Bellville, Texas - OnTexasFootball is on the road this week, and the first stop was Bellville High Tuesday afternoon. Brahmas defensive lineman D.J. Sanders (Bellville, Texas/High) will be on campus April 6, and is scheduled to make his official visit June 21-23. 

The Longhorns and Texas A&M Aggies are joined in the hunt by Michigan, USC, Baylor, TCU and Houston. 

Sanders by the numbers

6-foot-4

312 pounds

84'ish wingspan

10.5 inch hand

52'0" shot put this season (PR). Favored to qualify for the state meet. 

115 tackles, 15 sacks and more than 20 tackles for loss in 16 games as a junior helping lead Bellville to the 4A D II State Championship Game.

Also plays varsity basketball.

Cousin is former Bellville High, SMU and NFL wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders. 

Quotes on Texas

Sanders on Kenny Baker: "He came by the school (late January). He's a great guy. I like him. Cool. He's fun to talk to." 

Sanders on Steve Sarkisian: "Coach Sark, I love that dude. Fun guy to chill with and talk to."

Sanders on Texas: Last time I was on campus was last spring. 

Who will make the visit Saturday with Sanders: "Grandfather, brother, cousin for sure." 

Spoke with Steve Sarkisian about two weeks ago. Speaks with Kenny Baker weekly. 

Notes on recruitment

What impresses Sanders on a visit: "How the coaches are (with the players)."

On Texas A&M: "They are a good school. Good coaches. I talk to Coach (Sean) Spencer and Coach Tony (Jerod-Eddie)."

Sanders talked to Mike Elko two weeks ago. 

Visited Texas A&M for the Alabama game last season: "It was great. Loud. Very good atmosphere."

Doesn't watch much college football on TV. 

What's important in the recruiting process: "Education there, and how close and comfortable I can be with the coaches."

Plans to major in construction management. 

Visit schedule

Texas - April 6

Baylor - April 9

Michigan - April 14-15 (has an uncle that lives in the Detroit area)

Texas A&M - June 14-16 

Texas June 21-23 OV

View full news

• Hook 'Em 5