Duncanville High QB in Austin (Sunday 9am CST)

• Moderators

Duncanville High 4-star QB and SMU verbal Keelon Russell arrived in Austin Saturday night after running in the regional meet in Waco. He's in Austin with his dad, and two siblings. 

Russell, 6-3 and 190 pounds, will meet with members of the Texas staff this morning at 10:45 central. 

• Hook 'Em 10

A lot of times I get frustrated because I don't think Texas pushes hard enough for Big Time players early, this is one time I kind of wonder if they didn't push for Lacey early would he still be the quarterback at the top of their board, or would it be Russell? I like them both, but I love Russell size. Also, if you took each quarterback and put them on the other's team what kind of numbers would they have put up? They both threw to Big Time receivers, so that's kind of a wash. But we know the talent level that Duncanville plays against versus I'm not sure about Lacey's team and what he has to go against?

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, David Latiolais said:

Texas would take 2 QBs , but Lacy would decommit.

I'm not so sure on the 1st part. Sark likes 1 QB per class and work on development.  The 2nd part, I agree 100%. I think Lacey wastes no time in moving on if Russell is offered.

6 hours ago, Ace Recruiter said:

I'm not so sure on the 1st part. Sark likes 1 QB per class and work on development.  The 2nd part, I agree 100%. I think Lacey wastes no time in moving on if Russell is offered.

Agree. II'm not sure Lacey was all in, even though he did recruit for us some. But he was contemplating visits to other places not so long ago.