Terrance Brooks Finds a Home

• Moderators

Former Texas CB Terrance Brooks has found his new home for the 2024 season.

Brooks has committed to Illinois following his departure from the Texas Football program.

It was reported that both Michigan and USC were interested in Brooks, though it is the Fighting Illini who come away with the portal victory.

Best of luck to Terrance Brooks in the B1G!

• Hook 'Em 12

3 hours ago, Tuco Ramirez said:

Best of luck to him. Seems odd that he chose Illinois over Michigan and USC but Illinois can put db’s in the NFL. 

In his eyes, this had the least competition. He wanted a guaranteed starting job and money. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, CJ Vogel said:

Former Texas CB Terrance Brooks has found his new home for the 2024 season.

Brooks has committed to Illinois following his departure from the Texas Football program.

It was reported that both Michigan and USC were interested in Brooks, though it is the Fighting Illini who come away with the portal victory.

Best of luck to Terrance Brooks in the B1G!

The social media image was some sour grapes. But I have no ill will. I think it was in everyone's best interest to move on. 

3 hours ago, Tuco Ramirez said:

Best of luck to him. Seems odd that he chose Illinois over Michigan and USC but Illinois can put db’s in the NFL. 

31 minutes ago, HookEm said:

In his eyes, this had the least competition. He wanted a guaranteed starting job and money. 

I think the possibility of getting toasted on Sept 7 in Ann Arbor might have weighed in on the Michigan miss, but I guess we'll never know.

53 minutes ago, HookEm said:

The social media image was some sour grapes. But I have no ill will. I think it was in everyone's best interest to move on. 

What was it? I just seen the one Hayes posted?

9 hours ago, southpaw said:

I think the possibility of getting toasted on Sept 7 in Ann Arbor might have weighed in on the Michigan miss, but I guess we'll never know.

You’re right IMO that probably played a role in not choosing Michigan. The risk of going up against your former team that soon after leaving with our WR and QB’s intimate knowledge of your weaknesses and the elite ability to attack those isn’t a great look trying to get drafted. Plus with their elite CB on the other side he would get targeted more all season making it tougher to put up draft worthy stats. SC was probably a no too since they were SO bad last season and he’d have zero help. Good luck to him at Illinois, and wish the best to him and the Illini this season!! 

I thinks this is good for all involved. Illinois' secondary needs help and Brooks needs a place to show what he can do. If players are going to leave, my preference is they go to a team not on the schedule.