🥎🥎🥎 Women’s CWS Thread - No. 1 Longhorns vs. No. 2 Sooners 🥎🥎🥎

Very dominant softball team who was further aided by being able to play at home.  Really hate all the throwing the bats down and excessive responses anytime they did anything a little bit good. In my day that was considered poor sportsmanship and over the top especially slamming/spiking the bat down after something as mundane as getting a walk which they did on a number of occasions. You've been there before girls, act like it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, TexasMDcoach said:

Very dominant softball team who was further aided by being able to play at home.  Really hate all the throwing the bats down and excessive responses anytime they did anything a little bit good. In my day that was considered poor sportsmanship and over the top especially slamming/spiking the bat down after something as mundane as getting a walk which they did on a number of occasions. You've been there before girls, act like it. 

It's a massive advantage to recruiting and play that they have with the championship always being played in their city.  Anyone who says otherwise is in denial.

While other team fans could travel well, it's an easy numbers advantage when the cost to your fans is probably only marginally higher than a regular season game with no travel costs involved.

It's guaranteed home field advantage, something I believe Nebraska volleyball enjoyed for a while until the NCAA decided to move the championship around, but even then it's rotated between a very small number of locations so they still enjoy it.

17 hours ago, Derek Handler said:

Yeah I can't quit laughing at the OU player who slammed her bat down on a walk down 5 runs to Florida.   Clown.

If you've ever coached girls softball you would understand why they do that.  Patty is the best at keeping her team confident and playing to win.  These antics are part of it.