KJ Lacey clips from Elite 11

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, thatdude2 said:

28 of the 32 starting QBs, and 16 of the past 17 Heisman trophy winning quarterbacks were Elite 11 Finalists…are we going to keep hearing about how Arch didn’t go?

lol. A Manning would never attend it with Manning Passing Academy as part of the family business ... but I'm sure people will keep talking about it

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, thatdude2 said:

28 of the 32 starting QBs, and 16 of the past 17 Heisman trophy winning quarterbacks were Elite 11 Finalists…are we going to keep hearing about how Arch didn’t go?

Don’t care

Edited by GoHorns1
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Burton said:

Well drilled to the point he makes it look easy. 

One time I heard Saban say something like, "We don't drill it until we can do it right.  We drill it until we can't do it wrong."

Interesting approach to greatness.  

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, thatdude2 said:

Lol, this is laughable nonsense. Nothing more than corporate puffery. Use your brain. Go reread what that statement on their website actually says. Do you think Baker Mayfield is a walk-on at Tech if he made it to California? Do you think Lamar Jackson would have made the finals of an elite passing camp in HS? Do you think Sam Bradford or Johnny Manziel are as big a revelation if they were finalists?

Even a cursory look at their website shows that “finalist” is a rather fluid term (good QBs who didn’t make the finals were added as “regional finalists”), which, again, is not used in their official statement. You inferred it. The number cited literally includes anybody who paid $50 and made the schlep to a regional camp OR participated as a COUNSELOR. It says practically nothing about ability.

In fact, it is pretty hilarious what they are selling uncritical thinkers on because their “alumni” section even includes notable QBs who DIDN’T participate in the camp, so that their name is still searchable within their alumni database (2010 alone has FIVE dudes who had nothing to do with that year’s camp). If you didn’t take the time to scroll down and actually read what it says, you’d assume they were there. Obviously, the Mannings would sue them if they tried that with Arch. Besides, as Gerry pointed out, none of what you parroted has any logical relevance to Arch’s participation.

So, to answer your question—the only way we keep hearing about it is if facile human beings continue to disseminate that BS to other people who don’t particularly like thinking. My advice would be—don’t be “thatdude”, dude.

14 hours ago, GetHooked said:

One time I heard Saban say something like, "We don't drill it until we can do it right.  We drill it until we can't do it wrong."

Interesting approach to greatness.  

I heard Jimbo say that at least once every press conference. Very interesting indeed.

8 hours ago, SamMan said:

Lol, this is laughable nonsense. Nothing more than corporate puffery. Use your brain. Go reread what that statement on their website actually says. Do you think Baker Mayfield is a walk-on at Tech if he made it to California? Do you think Lamar Jackson would have made the finals of an elite passing camp in HS? Do you think Sam Bradford or Johnny Manziel are as big a revelation if they were finalists?

Even a cursory look at their website shows that “finalist” is a rather fluid term (good QBs who didn’t make the finals were added as “regional finalists”), which, again, is not used in their official statement. You inferred it. The number cited literally includes anybody who paid $50 and made the schlep to a regional camp OR participated as a COUNSELOR. It says practically nothing about ability.

In fact, it is pretty hilarious what they are selling uncritical thinkers on because their “alumni” section even includes notable QBs who DIDN’T participate in the camp, so that their name is still searchable within their alumni database (2010 alone has FIVE dudes who had nothing to do with that year’s camp). If you didn’t take the time to scroll down and actually read what it says, you’d assume they were there. Obviously, the Mannings would sue them if they tried that with Arch. Besides, as Gerry pointed out, none of what you parroted has any logical relevance to Arch’s participation.

So, to answer your question—the only way we keep hearing about it is if facile human beings continue to disseminate that BS to other people who don’t particularly like thinking. My advice would be—don’t be “thatdude”, dude.

I heard Jimbo say that at least once every press conference. Very interesting indeed.

Are you challenging my intellectual capabilities, and are you unable to tell if a post is a response in jest?