Ohio State football collective raises $1 million in one week

• Moderators

The Ohio State football program is not afraid of NIL any longer. New AD Ross Bjork made that clear during his introductory press conference. He spent a ton of NIL money while he was at Texas A&M to help its football program get one of the top recruiting classes in the country.

https://scarletandgame.com/posts/ohio-state-football-nil-collective-raises-1-million-in-a-week-01hn3vzad7zv

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Robert Gilbert said:

The wording, “He (Bjork) spent a ton of NIL money while he was at Texas A&M” is very odd. As I understand it, the school cannot spend NIL money. Or am I reading too much i to it? 

Probably just poor wording on the author’s part. Just my .02. 

• Hook 'Em 1

tOSU looked at what Michigan was doing under Harbaugh and said, "Let's hire a guy who has no problems raising money to help us buy whoever we want!" 

They were already strong recruiters, especially at the skill positions, but now they are going to be even stronger with the additional NIL funds. I don't think we have quite as much overlap with them as Bama or Georgia has recently but I fully expect them to start trying to get as many of the top guys that they can from all over. If I were Day and had a massive war chest I'd be blanketing the country with offers for 5*s and then seeing what happens if I can get them on campus. 

5 minutes ago, Geoff Eneman said:

tOSU looked at what Michigan was doing under Harbaugh and said, "Let's hire a guy who has no problems raising money to help us buy whoever we want!" 

They were already strong recruiters, especially at the skill positions, but now they are going to be even stronger with the additional NIL funds. I don't think we have quite as much overlap with them as Bama or Georgia has recently but I fully expect them to start trying to get as many of the top guys that they can from all over. If I were Day and had a massive war chest I'd be blanketing the country with offers for 5*s and then seeing what happens if I can get them on campus. 

Will make it all the more sweeter if Texas goes to Columbus 20 months from now a beats them similar to the way they did back in '05.

• Hook 'Em 3

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, qaertyisthatdude said:

Will make it all the more sweeter if Texas goes to Columbus 20 months from now a beats them similar to the way they did back in '05.

Going to be one heck of a game, no doubt about it. Two of the biggest brands, what should be talent filled rosters, etc. That game is going to be huge  

It’s also hard to believe that (VY and co. beating them on the road) game was nearly 20 years ago. 

• Hook 'Em 2