Brandon Brown announcement (now July 5th - as of 10:15 am CST Wednesday)

9 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

Not a ledge, But a dose of reality for the sunshine pumpers like you that things ARE NOT sunshine on the recruiting front right now. 

Didn't say it was sunshine, but you doom and gloomers are hilarious. We will absolutely have a top 10 class, coming on here crying every day won't change that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TexasLonghorns said:

He was put in the position because Sark hired him, it’s his job to meet the expectations of the job he accepted, what are the expectations? One would assume landing a few of the five DTs that visited. I’d love to suggest the reason I’m not meeting expectations or goals in my role are due to the previous person who held my job and “the way they left”. 

He was hired as a result of the way and timing that Bo left. He had zero control over those circumstances and when he was brought in. The reality is that he was working uphill on every single recruitment because of those circumstances. To say it’s all on him is ludicrous and ignorant. It’s amusing that you think you have a better grasp of how recruiting works than people like Gerry and Bobby who have been in this industry as long as they have and who have both said the same thing about Baker. The thing about expectations is that they have to be realistic. If you think Baker was going to be dropped in the way he was and just win everything with zero prior relationships then you are not realistic in your expectations.  You also don’t know what is going on behind the scenes on the NIL front. You don’t know what offers have been made in that regard in relation to the competition. These recruitments are multifaceted not binary. It’s not Kenny Baker or nothing. I have no idea why you’re not meeting the expectations or goals in your role. 

Edited by Rhenk6768
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Thanks 2

@Gerry Hamilton if these decisions are being heavily influenced by NIL $. 

are we missing out because of stubbornness or are the major NIL dollars being spent at another position? (one that may bring us 3 5stars)  

and without fully disclosing your sources, are you fully aware of the dollar amounts being talked about during recruitment?

2 hours ago, Hashtag said:

We’re about to be 0-4 on our top 4 prospects at the position with the lone guy committed who at best should be the 3rd-4th DT in a class. Especially when we’ve ignored in state recruits. Absolute oversight and failure by Sark and Co to not invest more NIL into the position to help the new DL coach with no skins on wall. 

All of this commentary on DJ Sanders being developmental, and On3 actually has him ranked above all of these other guys. He’s still a good prospect by many measures. 

IMG_4970.png

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, HudGar1922 said:

if that is the case then this Dt class is a disaster and hat was the point of bringing kenny baker here if he can’t recruit at this level.    yiu can’t go 0for 5 or 6 at the biggest need position.  

DT are big bags recruitment. 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Wrong Link Gerry said:

Didn't say it was sunshine, but you doom and gloomers are hilarious. We will absolutely have a top 10 class, coming on here crying every day won't change that. 

I agree for the most part but top 10 classes are not what is needed to be elite. We need to stack top 5 or better classes.  

58 minutes ago, HTXHorn said:

All of this commentary on DJ Sanders being developmental, and On3 actually has him ranked above all of these other guys. He’s still a good prospect by many measures. 

IMG_4970.png

Sanders has huge upside.

1 hour ago, Wrong Link Gerry said:

Still won't be true. It's gonna be okay, step away from the ledge. 

It is what it is.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, McRib said:

In Sark I trust when it comes to recruiting. However, I’d be curious to know what the DL negative recruiting message by OU, LSU and others might be. 

If I had to guess.

New DL coach.

They will portal recruit over you – see three additions this fall.

Luckily Texas can sit back and say they will need bodies for their DL in 2025 and beyond. Portal was the plan and will continue to help with the 2025 outlook.

• Hook 'Em 9

• Moderators
1 hour ago, HTXHorn said:

IMG_4970.png

He's still a developmental piece.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

What on earth is the plan at DL? This has been an utterly disastrous three cycles, completely unacceptable. Genuinely wonder who will be playing in 2025 and if we will have any depth at all. 

Some of us were speaking similarly about this coming season, then they got 3 portal transfers, and that calmed the waters.  Now they have around 10 scholarship DTs for 2024, with at least six with college experience.

There are currently 5 scholarship DTs that are expected to return for 2025.  As things stand today, the cupboard isn't bare.. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rhenk6768 said:

He was hired as a result of the way and timing that Bo left. He had zero control over those circumstances and when he was brought in. The reality is that he was working uphill on every single recruitment because of those circumstances. To say it’s all on him is ludicrous and ignorant. It’s amusing that you think you have a better grasp of how recruiting works than people like Gerry and Bobby who have been in this industry as long as they have and who have both said the same thing about Baker. The thing about expectations is that they have to be realistic. If you think Baker was going to be dropped in the way he was and just win everything with zero prior relationships then you are not realistic in your expectations.  You also don’t know what is going on behind the scenes on the NIL front. You don’t know what offers have been made in that regard in relation to the competition. These recruitments are multifaceted not binary. It’s not Kenny Baker or nothing. I have no idea why you’re not meeting the expectations or goals in your role. 

Going into the SEC, Sarkisian should have hired a DL coach with skins on the wall. This was/is not the time to potty train a unproven DL coach. Good DL players require more NIL, because there just not enough of them. Some colleges are willing to "go over the top", as Bobby said in their obsession to get interior defensive lineman. Maybe. Jackson will eventually put on 30 pounds and move inside. Maybe Sarkisian can offer more NIL $$ to DL committed elsewhere in the late October or November time frame. And again the portal will be available. I listened to/read Bobby's take on DL recruiting last night. I completely disagreed. I should have said I respectively disagree. 

23 minutes ago, Ronald Dayto said:

Going into the SEC, Sarkisian should have hired a DL coach with skins on the wall. This was/is not the time to potty train a unproven DL coach. Good DL players require more NIL, because there just not enough of them. Some colleges are willing to "go over the top", as Bobby said in their obsession to get interior defensive lineman. Maybe. Jackson will eventually put on 30 pounds and move inside. Maybe Sarkisian can offer more NIL $$ to DL committed elsewhere in the late October or November time frame. And again the portal will be available. I listened to/read Bobby's take on DL recruiting last night. I completely disagreed. I should have said I respectively disagree. 

Are you gonna post this same thing every day or what 

6 hours ago, Steven Schrader said:

hmmm...a committed prospect "announcing"...I'm usually the positive attitude guy...but count me out on that one...

Same here.  Not feeling hopeful for Brown.  But I have to consider that given Texas’s prior years, the recruits we DID get really put Texas on a national stage. (remember when we couldn’t get pass rushers?)

Yes…recruit thru the whistle…but I’m also prepared to accept Texas may not be recruiting DTs for the 2025 recruiting season 😏

1 hour ago, CJ Vogel said:

With portal being so prominent, I don’t think there’s any problem at all with developmental players. Especially if you believe their potential is very high.

2 hours ago, CJ Vogel said:

You're one of my favorites...but the truth is Sanders...like ALL HS athletes...are "developmental"...maybe he makes it maybe he doesn't, but ALL of them are nothing in HS in comparison to what they become once they mature

JMO!

1 minute ago, Steven Schrader said:

You're one of my favorites...but the truth is Sanders...like ALL HS athletes...are "developmental"...maybe he makes it maybe he doesn't, but ALL of them are nothing in HS in comparison to what they become once they mature

JMO!

That’s true but when they say development I’m sure they mean something like Sydir Mitchell vs Alex January both need to be developed but at way different levels I hope that makes sense 

• Hook 'Em 1