We have an Oregon problem

I wouldn't say Texas has an Oregon problem. Oregon beat Texas out only for Sharma. It would also be the case that Alabama and Washington have an Oregon problem. If Oregon goes on to beat out Texas for DK Moore and Michael Terry, then yes, I would think Texas would have an Oregon problem.

• Hook 'Em 4

28 minutes ago, Hunter Bradford said:

I wouldn't say Texas has an Oregon problem. Oregon beat Texas out only for Sharma. It would also be the case that Alabama and Washington have an Oregon problem. If Oregon goes on to beat out Texas for DK Moore and Michael Terry, then yes, I would think Texas would have an Oregon problem.

And Dorian Brew

• Hook 'Em 3

No problem w/ Oregon. They haven’t won $hit and Lanning got dog walked by Kalen 2 times last year. The only way they get players is by paying for them. That’s their only pitch. Playing Big 10 football isn’t attractive. And nobody really cares about their 206 uniform combinations anymore either. There is a spending problem that we are seeing but that’s what happens as the sport has evolved to this. Can’t blame them for spending. But looking at their team, they aren’t very impressive to be honest

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, NotGerryHamilton said:

They haven’t won $hit and Lanning got dog walked by Kalen 2 times last year

Your fandom is showing, take the orange shades off for a minute. Lanning has won more games the last two years than Sark has. Also, pretty sure Kalen is 2-0 vs Sark the last two years. What’s that mean? 

Edited by TexasLonghorns

13 minutes ago, TexasLonghorns said:

Your fandom is showing, take the orange shades off for a minute. Lanning has won more games the last two years than Sark has. Also, pretty sure Kalen is 2-0 vs Sark the last two years. What’s that mean? 

Yep Lanning is good.  Also was the DC for an all time great 2021 UGA defense.  I know Smart always has his fingerprints on the defense but Lanning was the DC that year.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, qaertyisthatdude said:

Yep Lanning is good.  Also was the DC for an all time great 2021 UGA defense.  I know Smart always has his fingerprints on the defense but Lanning was the DC that year.

He’s very good and done extremely well as a head coach. I don’t know why fans can’t be reasonable and admit that. It’s odd behavior. 

Edited by TexasLonghorns

12 minutes ago, TexasLonghorns said:

The orange glasses are always off. Lanning is just like all the other Oregon coaches. They pad their record during the season and come up w/ nothing in the end. I’ve just never really taken them serious from that standpoint, their best season in recent memories couldn’t net them a natty. It’s blatant that all these wins in recruiting are NIL related and that doesn’t seem up for debate. Does that mean Lanning is a good coach or he’s propped up by the money backing him?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, NotGerryHamilton said:

The orange glasses are always off. Lanning is just like all the other Oregon coaches. They pad their record during the season and come up w/ nothing in the end. I’ve just never really taken them serious from that standpoint, their best season in recent memories couldn’t net them a natty. It’s blatant that all these wins in recruiting are NIL related and that doesn’t seem up for debate. Does that mean Lanning is a good coach or he’s propped up by the money backing him?

If the roles were reversed and Sark was still at Texas with Lanning’s record and Lanning was at Oregon with Sark’s record but Sark was winning all the croots because of NIL, would you feel the same way?

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Jamaree Caldwell

Jabbar Muhammad

Derrick Harmon

Dorian Brew

Josiah Sharma

Granted each of these was a different story, but we do seem to be finishing second to them a lot. Maybe the ones that got away just stick in my memory. 

Not sure any of this matters for DKM

Edited by John F.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Gerry Hamilton said:

Dan Lanning recruits with more effort at the head coaching position than anyone, maybe with the exception of Kirby Smart.

His effort is truly relentless 

Yup, 12 wins and 10 wins your first two seasons as a head coach helps as well, recruits can see the potential. Allowing Lanning to come into your state and get 3 of the top 10 recruits while you get at most one is not a good sign. 

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, John F. said:

Jamaree Caldwell

Jabbar Muhammad

Derrick Harmon

Dorian Brew

Josiah Sharma

Granted each of these was a different story, but we do seem to be finishing second to them a lot. Maybe the ones that got away just stick in my memory. 

Predictions for Jonah Williams to Oregon as well. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, John F. said:

Jamaree Caldwell

Jabbar Muhammad

Derrick Harmon

Dorian Brew

Josiah Sharma

Dang forgot about Caldwell and Muhammad

• Hook 'Em 2

We have a recruiting problem. Not just Oregon. LSU, OU, Aggy, Bama, Ohio State, Florida State all taking our targets. Recruiting ebbs and flows. Staff has earned the benefit of the doubt to put a solid team together but you’d really like to have a better pipeline. Depth is so critical in our new conference 

• Hook 'Em 2