Soo many excuses

I feel like all the sites seem to be making a lot of excuses for bad recruiting 

Oregon is not outspending Texas they are out recruiting them. 

Ohio St is not out spending them

neither is Bama, Georgia, or any of the other programs currently ahead of them in recruiting. 

At some point we have to stop making excuses and just admit we are getting embarrassed. 

Sark needs to make some adjustments plain and simple

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

I know 

but we have beat around the bush as teams like Ohio st, Oregon, and even Aggy have done better in recruiting

at some point I would love some honesty and I don’t think Sark deserves the benefit of the doubt 

a top 10 class is trash

anything past top 3-5 is terrible and on par with all the mid tier programs 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Jhablinski said:

and I don’t think Sark deserves the benefit of the doubt 

Just out of curiosity, why wouldn’t he deserve the benefit of the doubt? Sarks recruiting classes at Texas…

On3:

2024 - 6th

2023 - 3rd

2022 - 5th

247:

2024 - 5th

2023 - 3rd

2022 - 5th

Not saying he hasn’t been taken to the shed recently, but why wouldn’t he deserve the benefit of the doubt when you look at his three classes at Texas?

• Hook 'Em 30
  • Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, Blake Munroe said:

Just out of curiosity, why wouldn’t he deserve the benefit of the doubt? Sarks recruiting classes at Texas…

On3:

2024 - 6th

2023 - 3rd

2022 - 5th

247:

2024 - 5th

2023 - 3rd

2022 - 5th

Not saying he hasn’t been taken to the shed recently, but why wouldn’t he deserve the benefit of the doubt when you look at his three classes at Texas?

Can’t like this enough Blake 

• Hook 'Em 4

41 minutes ago, Jhablinski said:

neither is Bama, Georgia, or any of the other programs currently ahead of them in recruiting. 

At some point we have to stop making excuses and just admit we are getting embarrassed. 

Also, OTF has made these same points. Bobby has said explicitly Texas simply got out recruited by Oregon with Dakorien Moore, for example. In every recruitment NIL was involved, but OTF has continued to iterate it’s not the only factor in these recruitments. It was one of many for Sharma, one of many for Moore, although Moore got a Nike offer that would be difficult for Texas to meet, much less raise, I think.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Daniel Lovell said:

Bobby has said over and over again we aren’t being outspent and that dk went to Oregon cause the pitch was really good so I assume ur referring to other sites 

This

Recruits want playing time.  Sark is in some the victim of his own success.

4 and 5 star recruits who pick Texas now are going to spend time on the bench.  Texas is now that deep.  

Also, I still think the portal is more important than ever now.  Sark is going to fill holes quickly.

Texas is in the best position since 2003-04  imo.  We shall see.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Jhablinski said:

I know 

but we have beat around the bush as teams like Ohio st, Oregon, and even Aggy have done better in recruiting

at some point I would love some honesty and I don’t think Sark deserves the benefit of the doubt 

a top 10 class is trash

“Top 10 is trash” and “ Sark doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt.”? Interesting. Also ignorant and uninformed. 

• Hook 'Em 5

53 minutes ago, Blake Munroe said:

On3:

2024 - 6th

2023 - 3rd

2022 - 5th

247:

2024 - 5th

2023 - 3rd

2022 - 5th

I would say so many things happened for that 

mostly coaching carousels

can we count on that every single season to flip highly touted targets??

this cycle seems different  

in those classes we had a lot of big fish out there to get 

the big fish have mostly been taken at this point 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Hunter Bradford said:

Also, OTF has made these same points. Bobby has said explicitly Texas simply got out recruited by Oregon with Dakorien Moore, for example. In every recruitment NIL was involved, but OTF has continued to iterate it’s not the only factor in these recruitments. It was one of many for Sharma, one of many for Moore, although Moore got a Nike offer that would be difficult for Texas to meet, much less raise, I think.

Maybe I used the wrong wording

i watch Bobby and Co daily 

yes they have said that on Oregon and DK Moore but not on most of these other recruits 

There’s no excuse for Pettijohn having an awful visit

they have gotten absolutely pantsed on almost all of their top recruits 

they have won out on some of the mid tier guys that are honestly a crap shoot whether they will ever even play at Texas. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jhablinski said:

I know 

a top 10 class is trash

Hahahaha!! 

Recruiting has seemingly plateaued since 2022. And in state recruiting has never been very successful.

Out of the top 10 prospects in Texas this year, UT is on track to sign ZERO of them.

2022: 5

2023: 3

2024: 6

2025: 10-↘️

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jhablinski said:

yes they have said that on Oregon and DK Moore but not on most of these other recruits 

they have won out on some of the mid tier guys that are honestly a crap shoot whether they will ever even play at Texas. 

Was Pettijohn's reported bad visit because of Texas or him? Doesn't seem likely that it was Texas because every other visit I've heard about has been a home run.

28 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Recruiting has seemingly plateaued since 2022. And in state recruiting has never been very successful.

Out of the top 10 prospects in Texas this year, UT is on track to sign ZERO of them.

2022: 5

2023: 3

2024: 6

2025: 10-↘️

So we’re losing Terry Lockett and Fasusi?

1 hour ago, Blake Munroe said:

On3:

2024 - 6th

2023 - 3rd

2022 - 5th

247:

2024 - 5th

2023 - 3rd

2022 - 5th

Amen!! Trust the process!!

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Jhablinski said:

Go take a nap please you’re just bitching about nothing. Jackson Phillips Orogbo and Lacey are far from mid tier

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jhablinski said:

I agree. That is fandom 101, make excuses and come up with any reason for why we missed on someone except for accountability and actually saying the coaches need to do a better job. It’s extremely bizarre behavior but it’s always been that way. 

Edited by TexasLonghorns

2 hours ago, Daniel Lovell said:

Bobby has said over and over again we aren’t being outspent and that dk went to Oregon cause the pitch was really good so I assume ur referring to other sites 

Bobby is honest, that is why I respect him so much, calls it like it is. That’s what everyone should seek, transparency. 

2 hours ago, Jhablinski said:

I agree with much of that you say here, but if you are not used to Sark getting absolutely pantsed in recruiting in June and July by now, I don’t know what to tell you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Hunter Bradford said:

I bet OTF would agree — Texas shouldn’t offer an excuse for Pettijohn having a bad visit. I think they’d also say there’s just cause for frustration and surprise.

Pettijohn had no business leaving the state. Thats as surprising a recruitment I’ve seen this cycle. 

• Hook 'Em 3