J-Whitt Shining at Rams Camp

I always felt like he had some bad luck as far as showing his full potential at Texas. His stat line didn’t reflect his true abilities nor his impact on the team. When he caught that huge pass near the end of the cfp game, I was so excited for him. Kinda wish he would have been targeted in the end zone at least once in those last couple of throws. Hope he’s a breakout star at the next level.

• Hook 'Em 8

This makes the soul happy. His career stats may never stack up against the all time greats, but I believe deep down he meant more to the program than some of the greats because of his heart and dedication to Texas. And what the program meant to him

• Hook 'Em 9

1 hour ago, ThatHornsGuy87 said:

This makes the soul happy. His career stats may never stack up against the all time greats, but I believe deep down he meant more to the program than some of the greats because of his heart and dedication to Texas. And what the program meant to him

One could argue he’s part of the foundation of the culture that Sark has been able to create

• Hook 'Em 5

When I watched him win the State Champ game in HS I wrote then that he reminded me of Frank Gifford - RB, QB, WR, DB - and starring all over the field.

Most of you never saw Gifford.  He was not the very best at anything but he was really good at everything, and made the Pro Bowl at each position he played except backup QB, IIRC.  

I have watched J-Whitt ever since that game and when healthy he has never disappointed.

• Hook 'Em 6

7 hours ago, MarkInAustin said:

When I watched him win the State Champ game in HS I wrote then that he reminded me of Frank Gifford - RB, QB, WR, DB - and starring all over the field.

Most of you never saw Gifford.  He was not the very best at anything but he was really good at everything, and made the Pro Bowl at each position he played except backup QB, IIRC.  

I have watched J-Whitt ever since that game and when healthy he has never disappointed.

Great comparison. Gifford was a team first player.