Sark quotes on helmet communication

Cole Cubelic had a couple of quotes from Sark on this from a radio interview that I'm going to paraphrase.

Sark's first year as an NFL offensive coordinator calling plays for a QB 12 years older than him told him "I don't need all the extra just give me the play." pretty much giving a QB too much extra info.

Sark gave an example of him relaying info, "It might be outside zone with certain backs in the game and just remind him stay off the tackle's outside hip or if that safety goes 2 feet left then watch for the corner to crash."

Cubelic after talking to Sark about this said, he realized there are going to be some coordinators that are probably going to be overconfident with being able to load some guys up with info on what they see when it matters more on teaching them to see the same things they do, and coaches like Sark, Lane, and Petrino who had NFL experience calling plays have the leg up just giving the right amount of info.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 hours ago, Chasing Clouds said:

Cole Cubelic had a couple of quotes from Sark on this from a radio interview that I'm going to paraphrase.

Sark's first year as an NFL offensive coordinator calling plays for a QB 12 years older than him told him "I don't need all the extra just give me the play." pretty much giving a QB too much extra info.

Sark gave an example of him relaying info, "It might be outside zone with certain backs in the game and just remind him stay off the tackle's outside hip or if that safety goes 2 feet left then watch for the corner to crash."

Cubelic after talking to Sark about this said, he realized there are going to be some coordinators that are probably going to be overconfident with being able to load some guys up with info on what they see when it matters more on teaching them to see the same things they do, and coaches like Sark, Lane, and Petrino who had NFL experience calling plays have the leg up just giving the right amount of info.

I agree I think OC’s with NFL experience have an advantage for now.