Michael Fasusi Commits to Oklahoma

14 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

Colin will run circles around him next year. It’s obvious they are promising him to start his true freshman year. 

Yep... I've been following the Longhorns and CFB since 1969. My observation is that it's rare for an OL player right out of high school to play as a freshman... seems I've seen more kids be successful after redshirting that freshman season. I realize Texas' left tackle did it, but it's really not the normal path for the long term. Will be interesting to see how he does/doesn't develop in Norman. l l 

8 minutes ago, Jc Dobbs said:

Yep... I've been following the Longhorns and CFB since 1969. My observation is that it's rare for an OL player right out of high school to play as a freshman... seems I've seen more kids be successful after redshirting that freshman season. I realize Texas' left tackle did it, but it's really not the normal path for the long term. Will be interesting to see how he does/doesn't develop in Norman. l l 

Yep! Situations like kelvin’s where he comes in, takes the starting left tackle job, goes beyond expectations are few and far between. Kelvin is a unicorn and there’s a reason he’s going to be a top 10 or maybe even top 5 draft pick. I am not so sure fasusi is on kelvin’s level or physicality.

• Hook 'Em 1

Connor Williams starred as a freshman too, but yes, not the norm. Probably not something you want to do unless that person absolutely earns it. 

Also possible he just jelled better eith the team/coaching staff. Who knows? Nonetheless, Texas will be great with or without him.

Edited by Kelton H.

14 minutes ago, rocketman said:

Really? Massive? How so?

He's the number 1 or 2 OT prospect in the country, and was our #1 target at OT in this cycle.  Plus was thought to be a Texas lean before he visited OU.    It's a huge miss losing a talent like Fasusi, especially to a rival.   

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Derek Handler said:

He's the number 1 or 2 OT prospect in the country, and was our #1 target at OT in this cycle.  Plus was thought to be a Texas lean before he visited OU.    It's a huge miss losing a talent like Fasusi, especially to a rival.   

We’ll be more than alright.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Derek Handler said:

All this 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Derek Handler said:

I think it's a good decision to not allocate a million in NIL for a player who might take two years to develop and get on the filed.... 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1