Countdown To Kickoff: Eight Days Away - Memorable Play No. 8

• Moderators

As we get closer to the opener against Colorado State, I’m going to post a memorable play of the day that somehow represents that day’s number.

We are now eight days away from kickoff. Today's play is one of the most memorable in the RRR, when Jordan Shipley took a 96 yard kickoff return to the house against then ranked No. 1 OU. 

That game was an absolute classic.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Hunter Bradford said:

When I read the title of this thread, I immediately thought of this play. That 08 Texas team was talented, feisty and had heart. I'd like to see that 08 team against Tebow's Gators, though I'm not sure Texas would have won.

It’s definitely a shame that they got screwed out of a chance to play Florida. That was one of the most fun seasons (minus Tech), and one of my favorite Texas teams. 

The dismantling of Missouri was freaking awesome the next week too.  

Orakpo, Kindle, Quan, Ship, Colt and many more. What a roster!

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, Blake Munroe said:

It’s definitely a shame that they got screwed out of a chance to play Florida. That was one of the most fun seasons (minus Tech), and one of my favorite Texas teams. 

The dismantling of Missouri was freaking awesome the next week too.  

Orakpo, Kindle, Quan, Ship, Colt and many more. What a roster!

I think they destroy Florida. That team was insane 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Hunter Bradford said:

When I read the title of this thread, I immediately thought of this play. That 08 Texas team was talented, feisty and had heart. I'd like to see that 08 team against Tebow's Gators, though I'm not sure Texas would have won.

Same here,  I didn't need to click to know what play it was,  but clicked anyway just to watch it again.  

Don't think you can ever watch that one to many times.

4 hours ago, Hunter Bradford said:

I think we would’ve destroyed Florida in 08. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hunter Bradford said:

I love your optimism, and I'd love for you to be right! But that Tebow wasn't going to be denied, in my opinion.

Yeah, I watched that team all year and I don’t think Colt would’ve been denied either. Those guys were so strong, experienced and resilient. Now we do know they would’ve killed us in criminal activity and sleezeball coaches though. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, Alex Butler said:

Yeah, I watched that team all year and I don’t think Colt would’ve been denied either. Those guys were so strong, experienced and resilient. Now we do know they would’ve killed us in criminal activity and sleezeball coaches though. 

I remember a lot of Texas fans, myself included, wanted said “sleazeball coaches” but are now glad that they said “no thanks” and ended up with Sark instead 🤘🐂

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, qaertyisthatdude said:

I remember a lot of Texas fans, myself included, wanted said “sleazeball coaches” but are now glad that they said “no thanks” and ended up with Sark instead 🤘🐂

Yeah, it was desperate times calling for desperate measures then for sure. Turns out we had a slimy coach in Herman instead of the sleaze ball Urban. 

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, Alex Butler said:

Yeah, it was desperate times calling for desperate measures then for sure. Turns out we had a slimy coach in Herman instead of the sleaze ball Urban. 

Makes having Sark that much better ! 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Hunter Bradford said:

I love your optimism, and I'd love for you to be right! But that Tebow wasn't going to be denied, in my opinion.

One of the all time overrated would have lost to an all time underrated. Tebow couldn’t Tebow against that defense as easily as he had plus containing everywhere. 

• Hook 'Em 2