UTSA Game - Hotel Options

I like the Hyatt Regency. You get to be “on the water” but you’re just on the other side of the bridge so you avoid the craziness of downtown. Easier access to get Ubers and in and out of the parking lot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The Driskill is great, on the more expensive side though. Convention Center is always a good option, but it can get more expensive on game days as well. It also gets filled up pretty quickly. 

We have enjoyed staying at the Stephen F. Austin on Congress. Its a good central location and reasonably priced. 

For a UT campus experience, the AT&T Conference Center is excellent. Expensive, but you can walk to the stadium and save on Uber that way. You are literally staying on the campus and you can walk over to the Drag for the post-game craziness and the Guadalupe location of Kerbey Lane Cafe for late night food or next morning brunch.

I agree with the Driskill for the historical significance and turn of the last century ambiance. Plus a view of Sixth St idiocy. It helps to be on expense account.

Speaking of expense account, the Four Seasons is where the recruits get to stay and it's on the lake.

I agree with the Hyatt... still not cheap, but it has easy in and out for transportation and parking.

There are some boutique -type small hotels that are very Austin -y  but it's not really the football weekend experience.

To do the golf and spa things there are places like Barton Creek Resort outside of town in the hills to the West.

I've had good luck with the Marriott Courtyard places in Austin and the one at I35 and Parmer Ln is a good property. You can save some money and spend the savings on restaurants.

Have fun! I was a season ticket holder for years and took the family to many games. My youngest graduated from UT a couple of years ago and said it was all the football weekends when she was a little kid that made her want to be a student at the University. Hook 'Em!

• Hook 'Em 1